85 Hang Bo, Halong Bay, Vietnam

Halong Bay Reviews

holdmyhandsforever holdmyha…
Say Hello to Halong Bay! Aug 05, 2015
While on our way to Backpacker's Street, we passed by a travel and tour agency offering a day trip to Halong Bay. For $25, the package includes a hotel pick up and drop off, lunch on the boat and it covers the environmental and entrance fees.

Halong Bay, located at the Golf of Tonkin in Quang Ninh Province, is known for having emerald waters with thousands of towering limestone islands and rain forests. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site so imagine how beautiful, amazing the place is. Halong Bay is considered the most visited place in Vietnam to date.

I enjoyed the boat ride because of the breathtaking views around. Halong Bay is simply stunning! You'll be surprised having thousand of photos on your camera already. This is no joke for first timers like me.

I didn't like the food served at lunch. But, I enjoyed the black coffee I requested. I did my first boat shopping there. Mostly, souvenir stuff.

One of the best things happened there --- we met new friends.
holdmyhandsforever says:
Hi Amber, you should go back to Hanoi and witness the breathtaking views in Halong Bay. Or, let's go back there. Gusto ko mag Sapa. :)
Posted on: Dec 06, 2015
dreamdreamdreamin says:
Wow! it really is pretty! Halong Bay's one of my dream destination! I got stumped when I went to Hanoi last September but didn't go to Halong Bay :(
My friend and I power-walked around the Old Quarters instead, eating our way in Hanoi hahaha
Posted on: Dec 05, 2015
Desmond Desmond
Beautiful , Scenic, Spectacular Jan 08, 2013
Halong Bay is a must go if you visit Vietnam, It offers breathtaking view of lime stones in the sea. Beautiful caves and if you are into canoeing don't forget to opt for the canoeing session as well. If you are staying over at Hanoi, its about 3-4 hours by bus to Halong Bay . Its recommended that you take a cruise and stay a night at halong bay itself. Else you can just take a day tour to haloing bay which leave Hanoi early in the morning and back to Hanoi at about 8p.m night. Either choice its still worth it to catch a glimpse of Halong Bay .

Once of the must go places if you are in Vietnam . :)
christl3 christl3
Majestic Cruise Nov 07, 2012
You can make your own way to Halong Bay or get a tour arranged for you in Hanoi or pretty much anywhere else in the country. This UNESCO World Heritage Site seems to be Vietnam's pride and joy. It's thousands of natural mountains that rise imposingly from the sea are covered in luscious greenery and spotted with grottos/caves with a plethora of stalagmites and stalagtites in the shapes of objects, people and animals galore!

The tour we went on was just for the day but i would not recommend this. There were other tours where one could stay one, two or three nights and enjoy the wonders of the bay for days. The bus journey from Hanoi takes three hours each way so we didn't feel we got to see enough.

We so much enjoyed cruising around the majestic bay on the boat. Passing by all of the floating villages that inhabit the mysterious natural beauty in all it's elegance.

It is definitely worth a few-days visit.
sarahjayne87 sarahjay…
Halong Bay Day Trip - the best bit of Vietnam Oct 11, 2011
.Honestly, I really did not like Vietnam at all until I came across this Halong Bay.

Halong bay is really beautiful and after spending so much time in muggy, hot sweaty cities I appreciated a lot more and it was even more beautiful.

Me and my friends did the 1 day trip, we had heard such bad reviews about the 1 days trips and almost everyone including the travel agent, told us to go for longer but we just didn’t have the time, so it was either 1 day or nothing.

I do wish we did have more time so we could of stayed over night but the day trip was still lovely and I would still tell everyone to go.

We set off on the boat, relaxed on the dock, took hundreds of photos, visited a few a few stalls/boat shops – fish, fruit etc, We also went in one of the caves which was really beautiful.

It was a really lovely day and I would recommend it to everybody
Halong bay
kyle_r kyle_r
Asia Cruise 3 day tour May 28, 2011
I found out that there are so many different tour agents offering the Halong Bay boat tours, and most of them are ultimately the same just at a different cost.

To avoid the same old tours, a company called Asia Cruise offer the 3 day tour and have access to their own private island for the second night. Asia Cruise offer their own specific package, rather than following the standard route followed by alll the other boats.

It's not the cheapest, or most expensive, about $80 when i went, but worth it for the 1 hour floating free bar on day 2.

Just watch out for the tiger sharks.. they like travelers flesh.
emilythorp emilytho…
Halong Bay Boat trip Jun 27, 2011
I would recommend this trip to anyone. It is well worth doing. Spectacular scenery. It may seem a lot of money at first but it is more than worth it. You get to swim in the sea off the boat, kayak around and go on a cool bike ride too. The guides are very helpful and friendly. Beautiful part of the world.
JackB JackB
Fantastic place, shame about the weather! Mar 05, 2011
Amazing place, somewhere you must visit. I went in early March and it was a bit cold and foggy, if it was hotter it would have been awesome. But still had a great time going around all the islands and going inside the caves.
Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Experiencing the Halong Bay in style Nov 08, 2009
If you’d like to make a two day tour in the Halong Bay and sleep overnight on a pleasant boat, it’s unimaginable you can book a better or more luxurious tour than this one.

If you're Dutch, you can book online at www.vietnamonline.nl, if you’re not, you can book at www.azqueentravel.com or visit Queen travel at 65 Hang Bac Street in Hanoi.

The tour includes the following:

Day 1

- Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi (any hotel) at around 8 o’clock in the morning.

- Drive in comfortable minibus to Halong City, arrival around 11.30

- Elaborate lunch at the boat while you start sailing through the bay. The lunch and dinner mainly consist of seafood, vegetarian options are no problem.

- Lovely and relaxing tour through the bay, stops at most important places, including the fabulous Hang Sung Sot Cave and Dao Titop Island. During these stops an English speaking guide comes along with you.

- Nine course dinner (all food is included in the tour price, drinks are not).

- Watching the sun set from the boat.

- Overnight stay in a comfortable room, with small but nice private bathroom.

Day 2

- Nice breakfast, followed by a tour through a lagoon.

- Early lunch (around 11.30) while sailing by the last beautiful rock formations.

- Drop off at Halong City, drive back to Hanoi.
One of Queen travels Huong Hai Jon…
Bedroom at Queen travels Huong Hai…
The deck of Queen travels Huong Ha…
The dining area of Queen travels H…
JJguinness says:
Nice review. Thanks for including the website. :)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012
sarahsan says:
I did this tour in April 2009. Absolutely worth it!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2010
hangle hangle
unforgetable weekend in Halong bay Nov 24, 2009
I have been to Halong bay many times since childhood so at first I didn't really want to go there with my friend but I am really happy that I did go. Staying on a junk in Halong bay overnight is a totally different and amazing experience even for me. At night, when I was sitting on the deck seeing sparkling light form other junks, I felt like I was on a mini hotel floating between ocean and mountains. The room was so comfortable, I slept like at home. I had great time going kayaking. Because that was the first time I had gone kayaking so the tour guide was willing to accompany me. he was very good. I think he really should go in for a rowing contest. Other staff on board seemed not to talk much but smile a lot, be polite and thoughtful.

In contrast with my initial intention, I did want to spend more time on Halong Phoenix Cruiser. Next time when I visit Halong again, I will take my family along so that we can share joy with each other just as I did.
helsbels21 helsbels…
A stunning trip on a beautiful Boat Sep 12, 2008
We paid a bit more for a luxury tour after hearing nightmare stories. Our boat was beautiful, food plentiful, weather and scenery stunning. Kayaking was cool but the caves disappointing (we have much better in the UK). The drinks on board were expensive but the midnight drunken swimming was great- you didn't even worry about the jelly fish!
hangle says:
Hi you,
It seems that you and I went on the same junk. You had a tour with Halong Phoenix Cruiser, didn't you? I had great time with it, too. Nice to know you
Posted on: Nov 24, 2009
digitalis digitalis
Mar 17, 2007
Halong bay. 4,000 islands. It’s something Krabi but even more isolated. The best way to love the view is to go for a cruise, night in-cluded. Hungry? Seafood’s everywhere, fished in front of you, can’t get fresher !

There’s a lot to see...