Halong Bay in winter

Vietnam

Halong Bay in winter Reviews

whites81 whites81
halong bay in winter Feb 15, 2010
Going to Halong Bay, we took the 2 days and 1 night tour from the Sinh Cafe tour & travel next to the Duc Huy Hotel, for U$35. They have the best rate and destination in my opinion!

February means winter season in Halong Bay. Soon as we got to the boat, we can feel the cold air. Fog was everywhere, it was beautiful view.

The temp was around 16deg or below I think, but with beers closeby, you'll get warm again.

Our first stop was Dong Thien Cung (Heavenly Palace Grotto), where we went exploring this extremely big cave adorned with stalactites and stalagmites. I was expecting to see colorful lime stones, instead found out the rocks were fashioned by colored lights.

Then we did 20 minutes kayaking (paddling was fun!)and spent the night in the boat.

The next morning we tried to catch sunrise at the deck but it didn't show because of the thick fogs. Even so, the view was so cool and mystically beautiful!... I loved it.

We continued cruising the Bay, heading Titop Island, where we swam into cold water!=) Then we paid extra to take a boat through the floating fish market and seeing the site of James Bond movie, then back to harbor.
whites81 says:
Yes, it is! :)
Posted on: Mar 07, 2011
l_mcgab says:
I agree with you that Halong Bay during winter is fantastic! Will definitely go back there again during the winter.
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011