Halloween in Los Angeles

Halloween in Los Angeles - 2006

Halloween in Los Angeles Reviews

imanahan imanahan
Sep 25, 2007
If you're right in the city and have to choose between Universal and Knotts, go to Universal, for sure! It is a lot scarier. The cast and the people who work there are also really into it (I know because I used to work there for the holiday parade, and the staff really enjoys being a part of the action). It's like they work harder to scare you, whereas at Knotts, you don't get that same personal feeling. The mazes are best I've been in. The place really transforms for Halloween, and I believe that this year they're doing something extra special bringing Jason, Freddy and Leatherface together. Horror Nights is always fun, and the crowd of people is usually younger, like maybe in their 20's (Knotts has more kids). The price is also really good. Here's the link:

If you don't mind spending a little more and driving a little further, check out the Queen Mary in Long Beach. It doesn't get as decked out at Universal does, but it's got an amazing history and really spooky mazes. Note that it does sell out, but when you're there it's not crowded because there is so much to do. The last time I went though, it rained. So check out the weather before you head out. The Queen Mary is a really impressive spot, so even if you can't make it out on Halloween, try to check out to an event. The ages of the crowd varies from teens to men and women in their 40's. Here are some links that might help you out:

Lastly, if I may suggest just one more thing! If you're not looking into getting scared, but just trying to find a fun place to celebrate, go to West Hollywood! I've been going there every year for the last three. They have an unbelievable carnival/parade. And unlike the Knotts, Universal or the Queen Mary, you can wear your costume! They have a bunch of bars open and everyone is really crazy and outgoing! More than 500,000 people show up each year for this one night event. If you like men dressed in drag or women barely dressed, it's the place to be. The live entertainment is awesome and all the radio stations show up for it. Best of all, it's free! Again, here are some links:

I can only upload 5 photos for this review. I wish I could put more more. Anyway, here are some of my favorites! I hope this helps :)
2006
travelman727 says:
Great reviews! I'm ready to pack my bags and fly out to SoCal just for the frightful festivities :-D
Posted on: Oct 06, 2007