Halifax, England

Halifax Reviews

davidx davidx
Historic textile town Oct 11, 2011
For entirely personal reasons this is not a town I like and I hope only to see it in future when passing through by train. However I do think it is a town worth seeing by anybody in the area.

I have reviewed the Gibbet separately but this, the Piece (sic) Hall and the Wainhouse Tower are all worth seeing. I have not been to the art gallery at dean Clough but the view of Dean Clough from the nearby road bridge is a real sight of industrial archaeology.

The town Hall is a fine building and easy to visit. The old market is quite something as well.

However much building has been done over the years without apparent thought of preserving interesting historic views and you could well find it disappointing for photography.
davidx says:
I should still not like Halifax myself but it could have been a remarkably fine city architecturally.
Posted on: Oct 11, 2011
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review..... We have see this same thing where rebuilding happens and no "plan" ....
Posted on: Oct 11, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Halifax

Just something to remind me of how lucky I am
This won't appeal to anyone but me. Since graduating in June 2008, I'm flown like a bird. Going to keep flight of all my flights up until I go back to Uni 1 Halifax - Toronto2 Toronto - San Jose, Co…Halifax - Toronto 2 Toronto - San Jose, Costa Rica 3 San Jose - Toronto 4 Toronto - Halifax 5 Halifax
Halifax, Peggy's Cove
Halifax is the 2nd deepest natural harbor in the world (the first Sydney, Australia), it has been a port, a naval base. It is also very beautiful, especially the scenery on the way to Peggy's Cove! P…Halifax has a detailed account of how Halifax figured in the history of the Titanic. The museum also…
Halifax, nova scotia
Halifax, the capital region of Nova Scotia, is a lively and colourful combination of urban and rural living at its best. Governor Edward Cornwallis and 2500 settlers created Canada's first permanent …Halifax Regional Municipality all you could want in a vacation. Halifax is fairly compact and easily reconnoitered on foot…

Check Halifax Hotel Deals