Haifa Restaurant

Assi Ghat, Varanasi, India

Haifa Restaurant Varanasi Reviews

fullstopindia fullstop…
Damn good cheap food nearby Ganges, Assi Ghat Nov 04, 2009
How my travel partner and I found this spot escapes my memory yet I remember vividly the many meals I ate here. In fact, over the course of 3 days, Haifa restaurant become the go-to location when hungry.

Don’t expect any thrills here. The dining room is an open area at the front of the building with large windows looking out onto the street below. You’ll find all sorts of diners in the crowd, some locals but mostly very low key tourists. Of the people we spoke to during our various meals, many were long term visitors that had taken a keen liking to the city, and also the Haifa. Turns out this place was a well known spot for cheap good food.

First impressions will leave you wanting to turn around and walk out. This is not fine dining and you will even share your meals with the plentiful flies circling the dining room. Food is delivered as it is made; don’t bother to complain or ask everything to be brought at one time as this is not the rule. We ordered several items each meal quickly learning to dig in as it arrived regardless of whether the other person had food. Meals for the 2 of us ended under $6-7.

The address given is Assi Ghat although the actual location is a short walk from the river if coming by river.
Haifa Restaurant