Hai Chau Hotel

Hai Chau Hotel Rates and Deals

Hai Chau Hotel An Giang Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Hai Chau Hotel Jun 22, 2013
This hotel was part of the Mekong Delta tour package I purchased from Ho Chi Minh hotel I stayed, so I do not know how much it cost per night for the room.

From outside the hotel building looks quite shabby and small and I thought it was a restaurant only and not a hotel, since I could not see the hotel sign outside.

The reception area located inside the restaurant with several tables on it, and it was really small, just a high table with a hotel name behind it. And in front of the table it mentions the hotel was recommended in lonely planet guide book.

The receptionist speaks English very well and he had our booking ready plus the tour to the nearby sights was organized for us. As usual standard in small hotel in Vietnam, the reception asked for passport and keep if for the night until we check out.

Since this is a fairly small hotel in a small city, no map available at reception desk. Luckily the hotel located at the city centre, close to many sights and within walking distance to many places. The receptionist gives direction how to go to the square, market and temples which is located one block away by foot.

This small hotel has an elevator and our room located on the back side of the street not far from the elevator.

Surprisingly the room is very modern in design with an inviting bed but small in size and there are two windows inside the room just above the mattress.

There are full amenities in the room such as dresser, cupboard, television refrigerator, phone, free 2 bottles of mineral water and room service menu.

The room has western standard bathroom with glass shower door, clean but look outdated. At least the floor would not get wet when we have shower.

We tried the restaurant menu downstairs since it showed a very appealing food pictures on the wall toward the elevator.

The selection of the menu was huge and the picture looks mouth watering and the price was very reasonable. It takes some times to decide what to eat and order. After settle on our order, the food arrives pretty quickly one after the other.

Unfortunately the food was average in taste and not live up to my expectation after seeing the pictures on the wall of the restaurant. It was okay but not the best I ever have in Vietnam.

The neighborhood of the hotel was busy with market not far away, temples, local restaurants, pub and mostly shops selling local grocery.

Breakfast include in the tour package price, but I skip the breakfast in the morning, so I do not know what they serve, probably the normal standard of egg and French bread.

When I go down to check out, the reception asked if I want to have breakfast or just a drink and I said no.

Overall, it was good quite room at night time and friendly reception.
reception
reception
the room
dresser
gingerbatik says:
yes May, most hotel in Vietnam ask to keep passport overnight. They said, they need to show it to the police.
Posted on: Oct 11, 2013
cotton_foam says:
really? they keep the passport overnight???
Posted on: Oct 10, 2013

Hai Chau Hotel Overview

With its central location, Hai Chau - Chau Doc Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Chau Doc. The Hai Chau - Chau Doc Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. The guestrooms are equipped with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, desk, hair dryer, internet access (wireless), television. Guests staying at this Chau Doc accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, room service, car park. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Chau Doc, making it a distinct accommodation. To make your reservation at the Hai Chau - Chau Doc Hotel via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Hai Chau Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Free Parking