Haggis

Isle Of Skye, Scotland

Haggis Isle Of Skye Reviews

Nzelvis Nzelvis
May 30, 2005
So, while touring the Scottish Highlands, one of our guides made mention of the legendary food, Haggis. Now, I knew what it was...sheep stomach stuffed with the majority of the other organs, but if people do eat it, how bad could it be? Our guides had been raving about one restaurant on Skye, saying it was the best in Scotland. So, one afternoon, we went there for the Haggis...

Everyone was fine when we ordered the stuff, but when it was delivered to the table...well, let's just say it doesn't look pleasing. Leaning in for a closer look, we discovered that it didn't smell pleasing. But, putting all that aside, we all took a bite. It turned out that it looked bad and smelled bad because it tasted really bad. Now, this is my opinion, but I think you will find that the rest of the world pretty much feels the same way. After all, we had people from all over the world on our tour and no one liked it. The most disgusting thing of all, though, was that our two guides went around and cleaned up all our plates - each with only one bite taken from it. You may want to try it if you're in Scotland, but don't expect to like it!
Haggis
mellemel8 says:
looking forward to this :)
Posted on: Jul 01, 2007
Amanda says:
HA HA!!! Thanks for writing this, I always wondered!! LOVED reading this!!!!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2007