Hagalil Hostel

Hagalil Hostel Tiberias Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Nice place in a great town Jan 01, 2013
Nov 20~24/2012

Tiberias is a must when travelling Israel. It is a small sea side town that is great for launching day trips over northern Israel. I found Hagalil Hostel on a hostel search site and located it quite easily from the bus station. It helps that the main strip is only about 2km long as well, I guess.

Raphael, the owner, showed me some rooms and I went with the private with ensuite, tv, and fridge. The bed was comfortable and everything else was relatively 'newer' as the room looked recently 'renovated'.

After getting settled Raphael gave me a map and gave me a quick run down of the city and surrounding area. The 'kitchen' and 'common area' are just a sink, fridge and counter at the end of the hall and some couches along the hall. There is a small but alright patio/balcony for people watching, taking coffee or having a drink with other travellers.

The hostel is located just two streets back from the waterfront and has everything required right outside the door within 100m radius. Restaurants, liquor store, shopping and a market all within steps. There is a computer that can be used free of charge and wifi that works everywhere.

Breakfast is not included but you are welcome to tea, coffee and water. Having your own fridge with supermarkets and street markets very close works just fine. Israel I found is tourist friendly as far as bus travel is concerned. There are buses that take you to all the tourist attractions and being close to the station is a big plus.

Raphael also told me of the evening waterfront show that was located just five minutes away and was very much worth it's while for a free show. At the end of my stay Raphael was kind enough to personally drive me to the Jordanian border for a rate cheaper than a taxi.

At 120 shekels the rate is much cheaper than a private in Jerusalem but I think even just the addition of some bread, cheese and fruit in the morning would be nice.

All in all I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Common area aka the hall
public washroom
kitchen aka end of the hall
patio
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review.....nice that coffee is offered....
Posted on: Dec 31, 2012