Haeju Hotel

00850-2-18111

Haeju Hotel Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Only option for a place to stay May 02, 2010
Since 2008, the city of Haeju is open for foreigners. We stayed in the 3-star Haeju Hotel and from the looks of it, it was the typical communiest building style. It could have easily been an office building, an apartment building or a school.

Anyhow, the entrance hall showed a large mural of both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong IL, with a small reception area to the side.

The room.... It was a suite, with an entry hall, a 70's?? style study with a big desk, old office chair and the first colour tv ever made (it actually worked!). The bedroom, with the same style, had a colourful bed (which had a faulty footrest, but was surprisingly comfortable) and then there was the bathroom....

It had seen better days, but at least it had a bathtub, a toilet and sink. But wait... where's the showerhead? And why is the tub filled with water?

There was no running water at the moment, so we had to wash ourselves with that water, as well as using a basket to flush the toilet... My solution, fill the toilet cistern with water and then flush. Oh well, it could have been worse.

Oh, in the morning, 2 ladies from the hotel staff come into my room and to fill up the bath tub. So, make sure to keep your bedroom door closed!

The staff was good, the waitresses did their best to serve us dinner in the dining room area... after the light went out.... twice. An emergency light torch provided a sort of romantic atmosphere, not to mention our own flashlights, which most of us brought along.

There is a bar, and the drinks are cheap. 1 liter of korean beer sets you back 50 eurocent.

As for other things to do... Not really, besides the bar. And outside the hotel? It was dark and no street lights... not ideal for a walk in the town, which wasn't allowed anyway.

Accept the possible conditions (as I don't know if they occur every day), bring a torchlight with you and be creative, then you'll still have a good night of sleep.
Haeju Hotel
Hallway of my suite
Study
Study
Airportman says:
You're welcome! :)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review and photos.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010
Airportman says:
Posted on: Jun 01, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Haeju Hotel

Day 7: Pyongyang, paying respect to the Great Leader
The wake-up call came at 7:00am. We had several more trips in Pyongyang, before we would leave for the city of Haeju. I got up, took a shower and got dressed. I headed downstairs to the restaurant fo…hotel to leave for Haeju, originally set for 2:30pm, would be at least 30 minutes later. So, Pim and I headed…
Haeju Map