Hacienda Zuleta

Hacienda Zuleta Reviews

Rolynn Rolynn
Home away from home lux Hacienda Nov 15, 2010
Tucked away in the cloud forest only a 2 hour drive from Quito is one of the most beautiful places in Ecaudor.. A place where you can stop and breath for a moment and really appreciate the beautiful landscape of this country. A place where you can horseback ride daily, hike many of the trails on the enormous grounds, Check out the Condor rescue or hike up the mountain top and look for one yourself. Maybe take a stroll through the tiny village of Zuleta and meet the locals. If you are travelling alone , now worries, there are two wonderful dogs, Fito and D'minga who are more than happy to accompany you on your hikes. They would stay with me the whole time.

Hacienda Zuleta has a long history of Presidential residence and is one of the only working farms in the area. They produce cheese, breed their own horses, ( which are magnificent) supply the area with milk and not to mention keep the people of Zuleta Village employed,proud and happy.

I spent four days here after I returned from a very wonderful but busy Galapagos tour and just loved it. Every detail was taken care of, nightly when I would arrive to my room the fireplace would be going, bed turned down and a piece of chocolate on my pillow. The food was incredible ( they farm all their own produce and raise their own trout.) Everyday I was asked what I wanted to eat, where I wanted to dine, what type of acitvities I would like to do, and they took care of it with pleasure. The staff were so warm and welcoming.

I highly recommend Hacienda Zuleta as a destination.
Ecuador Map