Hacienda Pinsaqui

Check Otavalo Hotel Deals

Hacienda Pinsaqui Otavalo Reviews

Laurrra Laurrra
Charming Feb 08, 2010
I studyied in Ecuador last spring. Most of my travels included staying at hostels and hostales because I was on a student budget. However, my parents came to visit and we stayed at Hacienda Pinsaquí. It was my second time in the Otavalo area and I had a lovely time. As everyone else says, Hector is a great manager even though my Mom can be very picky. We did switch rooms originally because they gave us the honeymoon suite but my Mom did not want to be behind the kitchen. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. It has so much character. So much better than staying at a chain hotel! However, as a result, it does not have the same kind of amenities you would expect at say a Sheraton. For example, it can be very cold at that altitude and a chain hotel would have heat. Hacienda Pinsaquí does not. I found this to be charming because they came around with hot water bottles and lit the wooden stove (which did nothing). Also the toiletries provided were not as you would expect in a chain hotel. In my opinion, this hotel was not very expensive for the level of service provided (we paid about 120 per room I believe). Hector set us up with a taxi driver who took us everywhere around the area. I wanted to see sights I had not seen the first time I went to Otavalo and man did we! Our taxi driver took us to the Condor park, the Lechero tree, Peguche waterfall, a weaver's private home in Agato and even talked us into a tour at a rose greenhouse which is not so legal but incredible! My parents commented that this was wonderful but that it would have been completely useless without me. I had to translate every sentence the taxi driver said to my parents as he was guiding us. Ecuador is not the most touristy country in terms of the fact that most people, including taxi drivers, do not speak English. Obviously, this is not true in an Hacienda like Pinsaquí. My main complaint was the food. The breakfasts were fabulous (as in all of Ecuador) but the dinner was not. In Ecuador, to have bad Ecuadorian food at a nice hotel seems somewhat like a crime!
familyworldtravel familywo…
Apr 01, 2010
The Hacienda Pinsaqui is 5-10 minutes north of Otavalo depending on traffic. It was written up in a local magazine as one of the top 5 “classic” haciendas in Ecuador. It is here that Simon Bolivar signed the treaty separating Ecuador from Columbia, creating Ecuador as a separate country.

The hacienda is a bit of maze, but it is fun to explore all the nooks and crannies!

The main building has a couple of nice sitting areas, the dining room for dinner, a small shop, a computer with Internet, an office, a reception office, and a few guest rooms. Guestroom #1 is where Simon Bolivar used to stay.

Out the back door of the main building and down to the left is the bar where they serve a welcome drink with live music daily at 7:00pm. It looks like an old tack room but decorated beautifully and with a warm fire burning. It’s easy to miss if you aren’t looking for it….

Straight out back is a nice garden area with hammocks and a fountain for relaxing or taking a short walk near the horses.

To the right of the main building is a separate building with more guest rooms, the breakfast dining room, a huge sitting area, and a small beautiful chapel.

The rooms are all different and in classic hacienda style. They have extremely high ceilings, unique decorations, and some have fireplaces. Since ours was a triple, we had 2 full bathrooms, one room with a queen bed, and one room with a settee made into a bed. The Simon Bolivar room (#1) had 2 double beds and then a very large separate living room.

At the hacienda, you can go horseback riding and do some hiking in the foothills of the highlands.

Related Travel Blogs About Hacienda Pinsaqui

Trip Itinerary
Friday Depart U.S., arrive Quito, overnight Le Parc Hotel Saturday Quito city tour and equator, Vivarium and botanical gardens at La Carolina park, overnight…Otavalo, overnight Hacienda Pinsaqui Friday Otavalo Market, Cotacachi (leather shops), drive to Quito, overnight Swissotel Saturday Transfer to Quito Airport…
Day 21 – April 1: Sacha Lodge-Quito-Otavalo
SACHA-QUITO   We got to sleep in today until 6:30am – wow!   We packed up, ate breakfast, and started the journey back.  First the dugout canoe across the lake, then th…OTAVALO   We went directly to our hotel, the Hacienda Pinsaqui.   On the back porch of our room were…

Check Otavalo Hotel Deals