Hacienda Backpackers Hostel

Check Koh Phangan Hotel Deals

Hacienda Backpackers Hostel Koh Phangan Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Hacienda Backpackers Hostel Jul 14, 2013
Hacienda Backpackers Hostel was the first place I stayed in Koh Phangan. This hostel is on the outskirts of Thong Sala and it is a part of the resort/dive shop complex that also has the rooms on the beach. That Hacienda resort has nice pool, an restaurant, game room, and you are allowed to hang around there while you are in hostel. I got good deal for fan room with nice bathroom for 300 bath, bat later on I learned that you can find much better kind of cabana lodging on the beach for same or less money.

When I arrived to the island, I spent some time looking for the best lodging, and it took me some time to find this hostel. I walked to this place but it is more than kilometer from the port. Issue with the transportation on the island is that the taxi mafia sets the prices and they are way too high… The best way to move around is to get motorcycle and be free of all hustle. As soon as you get out of the port, you will see bunch of rental places, and if it is not Full Moon Party, you will have chance for great deals (around 4$ per day), especially if you are taking that motor for longer periods.

Hostel is a large white and blue building on the right side of the road and it is easy to spot. Bottom floor that I my room was at was a bit dark. Room was fine with large bed, nice restroom, but bed was a bit flat and it have seen better days. I assume that during the party days all this rooms get filled with thons of people and they kind of destroy the place…

Everything is surprisingly clean. I expected this place to be in ruins after the Full Moon Party… Negative thing is that reception in hostel is temporary working spot, and you won’t find anyone working there most of the time (at least that was the case while I was there). Unfortunately small (but good) metal lockers are located in the office area, so you’ll need that place time to time especially when you are going away from the room and want to leave some valuables in the locker. It was hustle to walk to the beach and look for some manager in the resort who can come and open that office for me.

They have bugged internet but at least you will be able to connect sometimes. Bathroom is nice and large and they also provide towels and cleaning products. Bunch of restaurants and some bars are spotting the road towards Thong Sala so you will be able to find some good food. My personal favorite was night food market in the city, but I also tried few restaurants in the area. Few “all you can eat” places are excellent and have great variety of food. Only that I don’t want to eat that much…

Hostel also has a accredited dive shop, but they are significantly more expensive than the shops you can find on Koh Tao.

This hostel is ok until you find better accommodation in surrounding area. You can find beautiful bungalow for the same money, on the beach and covered with palm threes…
Restroom