Habana Libre

Main Sidewalk, Little Corn Island, Nicaragua
Habana Libre - The Bar at Habana Libre on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.
Habana Libre - A delicious daiquiri at Habana Libre on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.
Habana Libre - A Blue Havana (not recommended) at Habana Libre on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.
Habana Libre - The slow cooked Cuban pork at Hababa Libre on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.
Habana Libre - The (whole) whitetail snapper at Habana Libre on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.

Habana Libre Little Corn Island Reviews

swhayden swhayden
Cuban Food on Little Corn Island Apr 29, 2009
Habana Libre got rave reviews from all the people that we had talked to about it. Lonely Planet travel guides said it was good too. Well we went there and it was a diferent story.

Habana Libre has a nice wood bar with a tropical island feel to it. The dining area sits out next to the sidewalk with a view across the sidewalk to the bay.

They have a pretty good looking menu but if you want to order one of their specialties, like slow roast Cuban Pork you need to order it in advance of your arrival. We ordered the pork for me and a whitetail (snapper) for my girlfriend.

To start with we got daiquiris to drink. They were very good. Then we saw their menu and thought we might try one of their specialty drinks. We asked the waitress for help on this topic but she seemed like she was new here and had to keep going back to the bar to ask what was in the drink. We decided on Blue Havanas over the Fidel Castro because the name sounded good and from what the waitress had told us they sounded good. Well we barely finfished them. They were tonic water, white rum and something blue in the bottom to make it blue. They looked nice though.

We got our meals and they looked beautiful. But my pork was a little overdone and a bit leathery the sauce lacked something to make it good. My girlfriend's whitetail snapper was a whole fish that was unboned and dificult to eat. The sause on it looked good though.

The waitress was not much help. Half way through the meal she tried to take away my half eaten bowl of sleepy beans which was the favorite part of my meal becasue it had some good spices in it.

We had heard good things about Habana Libre but we saw none of them. Maybe we just got them on a bad day, but for the price we were not happy with what we got. We spent $44(US) on our meal of 2 entres and 2 drinks (per person).
The Bar at Habana Libre on Little …
A delicious daiquiri at Habana Lib…
A Blue Havana (not recommended) at…
The slow cooked Cuban pork at Haba…

Compare Corn Island Hotel Rates (8.6km away)

Little Corn Island Map