Haad Gruad Beach Resort & Spa

Haad Gruad Beach Resort & Spa Rates and Deals

Haad Gruad Beach Resort & Spa Koh Phangan Reviews

jonesey765 jonesey7…
Private beach luxury at backpacker prices. Oct 22, 2012
I have stayed at Haad Gruad twice now. The first time was 3 years ago over Christmas and New Year. I arrived off the ferry at Thong Sala with 8 of my friends and no accommodation booked on Christmas day. Luckily we bumped into one of the Haad Gruad staff who told us that there was one room available and that they would put the rest of us up on the beach for no extra cost. Mattresses and mosquito nets were set up for us on wooden open air huts, right on the beach and only a few steps from the sea! This might not be everybody's ideal choice, but the fact that the hotel didn't turn us away and still provided us with comfortable places to sleep was wonderful.

The hotel's owner is Jaco a Dutch (I think!) guy who speaks a multitude of languages, including Thai. He is a very friendly guy who will go out of his way to make sure you have everything you need. The bar man is British and very good at his job. Although the hotel is about 30 minutes from Haad Rin by Songthaew, he has everything you need to have a good pre-full moon party!

The rest of the staff are majority Burmese and they are exceptional. They are very friendly and their English is amazing.

The second time I came to this resort, the staff were all the same, which I take as a good sign of a good business.

The food at the hotel is great. It is all very reasonably priced and they have a great selection of Western and Thai food. In the high season they have fresh caught seafood BBQs and buffets which are delicious. On our last night at the resort, the first time, we were given a full plate of BBQ'd crabs, for free, because they'd cooked too much! Drinks are also a good price, about 80 Baht for a big Leo and 130 Baht for cocktails.

The accommodation is very good value for money. I stayed in the cheapest bungalows, which are 300 Baht. They are concrete or wood and have hot or cold showers (I think it depends on the bungalow) and a fan. You do not need air conditioning as it is a lovely cool temperature at night. The only downside to the bungalows is no door between the bedroom and the bathroom, so if you're sharing, some sort of an arrangement will need to be made when it comes to toilet time!

I haven't seen the inside of the more expensive accommodation, but it surrounds the pool area and looks very nice from the outside. The most expensive accommodation is 3000 Baht.

The hotel provides free snorkelling equipment for guests, which is great for spotting all the lovely fish that live in the bay. You can also hire a motorbike for 150 Baht a day, but BE WARNED, it is a very steep, sandy slope with a lot of ruts and pot holes to get to the main road. 3 people in my party hired motorbikes and we all fell off at some point going down that road! If you are not a confident driver, then don't risk it! They will also provide transport to other beaches around the island at night time. The cost depends on where you are going. I was with 6 people and we got the truck to the next beach across for about 30 Baht each. To go to Haad Rin is about 100 Baht each with six people.

You can contact the hotel through their website, and if you book with them directly you will get a 20% discount on the room and a free pick up from the ferry pier.

The last time I stayed here, it was in low season, so me and my friends ended up with our own private beach. It was beautiful! I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful resort.
The hut that was made into our bed…
Bonfire on the beach.
Our sleeping quarters at night.

Haad Gruad Beach Resort & Spa Overview

This resort has a quiet natural setting with a beautiful private beach. It has a relaxed family atmosphere where you can feel like you're at home. It is an inexpensive place to stay, but has many luxury facilities, like swimming pool, pool bar and spa. You can choose from a wide variety of bungalows, which suit all needs and budgets. All rooms have private balcony and bathroom, cold or hot shower and fan or air-conditioning. This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Haad Gruad Beach Resort & Spa Amenities