Ha Long Bay

Ha Long Bay, Vietnam

Ha Long Bay Reviews

CongP CongP
Halong Legacy Legend & Vietnam tonkin travel Apr 18, 2016
Halong bay is one of the most beautiful landscape in Vietnam & We had a great time on Halong Legacy legend cruise. We book this tour through Vietnam Tonkin Travel, the cruise was very traditional & safe, our room was spacious, clean with open window where we enjoyed Halong bay view. The food was very delicious & staff was friendly. We enjoyed many exciting activities: visiting fishing village by small bamboo boat, Kayaking under the sunset, visiting Surprise cave...Highly recommend!
Halong Legacy legend cruise - Viet…
Halong bay kayaking - Vietnam tonk…
Halong bay - Vietnam tonkin travel
Halong bay islet- Vietnam tonkin t…
ChasingRickshaws ChasingR…
Islands of wonder May 13, 2011
This is a given when visiting Vietnam. A 4 hr drive out of Hanoi to an amazing post card scenery of islands in the distance awaiting your embrace. There are a number of options to choose when organising this tour, but the 3 day 2 night is my recommendation. The trip basically involves (depending on tour operator) cruising on a wooden "Junk" boat with the traditional red sails accommodating up to 10 to 12 people. Now don't be fooled by the name as these boats are generally well maintained with clean cabins and functional restaurant and bar. Once on board you cruise for the afternoon to a Ha long bay UNESCO caves and then a brilliant kayak amidst a Vietnam sunset. Once back on board a few hours relaxing and then a dinner is served with a variety of dishes and drinks. The next day is spent cruising around and visiting islands (monkey Islands) and traditional villages with bike riding and lunch. The second night is spent on Cat Ba Island(worth making sure that it is)with stay at a nice 4 star hotel and plenty of night life to party to early hours of the morning. The third day is back on the boat for a 5 hrs or so cruise to get back to the bus. Its hard to describe in short, but just check it out. The only thing I suggest is that you shop around in Hanoi for the best deal and make sure the weather is clear as if its foggy it's best not to go.
viluve viluve
Ha Long Bay Mar 18, 2011
This is definitely the best spot from my trip to Vietnam. The easiest way to get into Ha Long Bay is probably by joining one of the many tours available from your Hanoi accommodation.

The trip from Hanoi to port takes about 3 hours (if I remember it correctly), and the road was bumpy.. so if you're weak, be prepared to get car sick.

The Ha Long bay area is so magnificent, it's probably best to google some of HaLong Bay picture to get a glimpse on what you expect. The best part of the trip is probably the kayaking experience, so do ask for a kayak trip when you choose your tour group.

Food provided in the tour was poor .. tasteless.. very small amount .. perhaps we're just unlucky, and if you took a more expensive tour they may provide you with better meal.

Anyway.. as I said the Ha Long Bay was the best part from my Vietnam trip. Highly recommended.
RoxyK RoxyK
Opera Cruise Ship Ha Long Bay & Cat Ba Island Apr 24, 2011
3 day 2 night Tour with Opera Cruises 1 night on the boat and 1 night Cat Ba Island, Definately recommended for the experience only, Ha Long bay although beautiful is SO spoilt by how touristy everything is. Recommend that you only do 1 night on the ship and the other on Cat Ba Island. Cat Ba you can hire a bike or motorcycle and ride to the National Park or just outside of town, its all very beautiful and the kids love to smile and wave.
aders4321 aders4321
Beutiful setting May 22, 2011
This place has to be seen to be belived. I travelled there back in 2007 (long time review coming!!!) and we had a private boat. This was fantastic as we had our own private meals as well. In short u must see this place as i reckon it is one of the worlds wonders.
jaeWALK jaeWALK
Halong Bay Cruise 2 days on The Aloha Junk by Handspan Mar 23, 2009
Hands down Ha Long Bay is one of the most magnificent places I've been to and it was made even better by a tour with Handspan.

After months of researching online for the best cruise to Ha Long, i came to the decision to book with Handspan because that's what most people recommended.

When I got to their office in Ha Noi, I was told that I should come back to check on my booking a day before the actual cruise since there wasn't anyone booked on the same boat with me yet. And if it should stay that way, they might have to cancel the cruise all together. Of course I didn't want that to happen. Ha Long was supposed to be the highlight of my trip and I couldn't accept the idea that I won't be able to do that because there wasn't anyone else on the boat but me. It was a good thing that the next day of my cruise date already had a couple booked, and the Handspan agent eagerly put everything in order for me.

Finally the day of the cruise came, from the Handspan office to Ha Long we boarded a shuttle bus which was comfortable. And we weren't herded like cows. With us were several tour guides who were the most fun!

It has been said that most Ha Long Bay cruises offer the same program, so there isn't much different as to what you will experience when you get a $50 cruise to Handspan's $137. But i think there is. With Handspan everyone seemed to get their money's worth and treated with a little something special. There's comfort, there's fun and no headaches nor hassles at all. Everything was put in order by the tour operator, all you need to do sit back, relax and enjoy the view.

I have been advised not to get any Ha Long cruise that's less than $100. And I would like to pass that along to everyone else.

My cabin was cozy, I had the best sleep ever that night. The food was fantastic! Seafood galore! And the best part about all this is that I got to meet these wonderful people and share this experience with.

The Handspan itinerary included a visit to a floating village and the amazing cave.

If you are looking to have a great time in Ha Long and get your money's worth, choose Handspan. You won't regret it.
preparing for sunset onboard the A…
Amazing Cave!
Sundeck. Aloha
vegetable carving centerpiece
jaeWALK says:
Welcome
Posted on: Mar 22, 2015
Nash29 says:
Finally a review with names....thanks a ton mate!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2014
nitelifenyc says:
FINALLY a review that names names and gives the right info to people like me who are trying to figure out which cruise to book. THANK YOU!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2012
nwintarti nwintarti
Ha Long Bay Mar 28, 2008
Ha long bay is just somewhere near Hanoi. If you started your visit to Vietnam, then you can go to one of this tour and travel and book 1 day trip or even longer to ha long bay. the price is ranging between 10-50 USD. Depend on how many days and which kind of boat you are taking (private or sharing with other tourist). Usually price inclusive of bus, boat trip, lunch, guide, and entrance fees.

I don't mean to promote a certain site as I'm not the owner of this tour thing, but usually I used sinh cafe tour, considering they have branch in HCMC where I lived and they can arrange trip to many places in Vietnam even before I left HCMC.

The tour will pick you up in the hotel you are staying or you can go straight away to their office on the day of departure. And there bus will take you to go to the ferry jetty and you will start your journey.
jeffy jeffy
One of nature's best kept secrets Aug 03, 2007
With a name like Ha Long Bay, this place does not sound like a wonder of nature. Indeed, one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind when I first discovered this place was "Why haven't I ever heard of this place before?" (This was especially difficult to swallow since I try to keep myself pretty well educated on our planet's geography.) To this day, it amazes me how poorly Ha Long Bay is advertised to the rest of the world.

Ha Long Bay is stunning, even more so when one has little idea what to expect. After viewing several postcards and images from the internet, the Ha Long Bay that I saw in person looked nothing like what I imagined. As cliche as it sounds, pictures do nothing to capture the grandeur of this one-of-a-kind place. Almost 2,000 jagged, vertical islands creeping out of the sea don't even fit into a single camera frame, first of all!!! The seemingly endless expanse of rocks rising from the water is a dizzying memory that I will never forget. So be sure to hire a boat to take you in between these amazing islands!

If Angkor represents Southeast Asia's most impressive human creation, Ha Long Bay is certainly Southeast Asia's most impressive natural creation, at least in my opinion. Simply one of the best panoramas on Earth.
nitelifenyc says:
saying which tour you booked would help
Posted on: Nov 23, 2012
finallyhoneymooning says:
Hi! thanks for posting about this! which company did u book the tour with? thats exactly the tour we would like to do :)
Posted on: Feb 16, 2012
Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Jun 21, 2004
Ha Long Bay is 170km from Hanoi in northern Vietnam. Boat trips to the Bay from Hanoi are readily available from local tourism shops and cafes, and all follow the same basic pattern - transport to Ha Long Bay, 2-3 days on the bay on a boat, and transport back (at exceptionally cheap prices). Whole fleets of similar boats ply the waters, but they soon disperse among the nearly 2000 limestone islands, giving you time to cruise around and jump off the boat for a swim. The food is good, accommodation on board is comfortable, and the ride is very relaxing.

The islands are the highlight of the bay. The erosion of islands gives them an inverted look, with a narrow base rising up above the high tide level, caped with lush jungle.

The area is World Heritage listed for its natural significance, but also has great cultural significance to Vietnam. It was in Ha Long Bay that Tran Hung Dao stopped the Mongolian invasion in 1288, by placing steel-tipped wooden stakes under the water to rip the bottom from the Mongol fleet.

Related Travel Blogs About Ha Long Bay

Ha Long Bay : Enter the Dragon's Lair
Via a brief stay and a night in the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi, Mike and I are now en route for 3 days and 2 nights of hopeful beauty and adventure in Vietnam’s oft talked and enthused about Ha Long…Ha Long Bay Ha Long Bay - I am told - literally translates as ‘Bay of Descending…
Cat Ba Island : Misadventures and exertions in the Ha Long Bay mists
It’s some ungodly hour.  4.00am it turns out.  I’ve been lying awake.  In a boat cabin in the middle of Ha Long Bay this last half hour thinking I really ought to have a p*ss but t…Ha Long Bay this last half hour thinking I really ought to have a p*ss but the effort…
Our Ha Long Bay trip
Maybe it is strange to my fellows from Western that we, Indonesian like to fulfill our stomach into its maximum capacity when we have our breakfast. That's why, it is normal for us to have a full pla…Ha Long Bay. Giving a bad first impression for them is the last thing I want to happen…
Ha Long Bay Map