HQ Hostel Bangkok

HQ Hostel Bangkok Rates and Deals

HQ Hostel Bangkok Reviews

dyron_888 dyron_888
I Heart HQ! Mar 03, 2012
It's located in the heart of the city, quite near the bts sala daeng station which gives comfort and ease to go wander around the city. Plus its very near the party area!

I like the bed which got its own lights :) The hostel is always clean as well as the wash room and shower area. The concierge of the hostel is very helpful. You have free wifi, free computer access and very cheap bed per night.

I recommend this youth hostel to everyone who is going in Bangkok.
sizethat sizethat
Cheap and Clean Hostel Nov 15, 2010
I have stayed HQ Hostel Bangkok for a few nights. There was a great place for backpacker. Good design, clean and cheap bed, free Wi-Fi, City Center and closed to BTS [skytrain] and MRT [subway] just 5-10 minutes, 100 street food, 24/7 receptions.
HQme away from HQme May 06, 2009
HQ Hostel has the distinction of being the first hostel i've ever stayed at in Bangkok. What prompted me to give it a try was first and foremost, they have a really cool website. Second, i've never stayed at the Silom area before. And third, the rooms/beds are so easy on the pocket!

Upon my arrival, I had a very warm greeting from the front desk, and of course I didn't fail to notice that everything looks as it is just like in the website. What you see is what you get. I like that!

On the lobby area is Mofu Cafe Bar. So that in itself is a nice addition to the hostel - it has it's very own coffee shop where guest can relax and mingle with fellow travels. What better way to do that than with a cup of coffee right?

The M Type room can accommodate four people. Mine was located on the second floor and is just beside the shared toilet and bath. The bed is comfortable and big, and lucky me I get to have a bed with lots of space where i can put my luggage. Also there's a small cabinet/locker for each guest at the bottom of the bunk beds. The aircon is working properly and the room is being cleaned everyday. Everything worked well for me in the room, the only suggestion i would give has got something to do with paddings. I hit my head on the top bed one too many times. ouch! So maybe some rubber or foam padding can be placed to prevent permanent injury. Other than that, I don't have any complaints at all.

As with all hostels, security is a must, and HQ provides that. The owners even mentioned improving it. Hence, i really need not go there since they are aware of what needs to be done in the hostel. Believe me when i say the owners and the staff know what they are doing, on top of being very warm and accommodating people!

The best thing about HQ is that it's top-notch yet affordable! And i even got my fourth night free. So better check out their monthly promos on their website. They always come up with really good deals.

Before i end this, did i mention they got the TOP RATED HOSTEL award from hostelworld.com? The owners should be proud! They got something really good going on in silom soi 3.

If you are ever looking for a place in Bangkok that's afforadable, clean, has excellent location, great staff, and one that is ever improving... HQ is your choice. You'll also get a bonus of meeting the coolest and warmest people in HQ, and that's why i consider it my new home in Bangkok.
welcome to HQ
pins for sale
the wall. leave your mark!
M type room fits 4
slayerspike slayersp…
Dec 17, 2009
The bunk beds are larger than normal so great for spreading out. The staff are really helpful, one of the staff took us out and showed us around. Its run by young Thai people.

The breakfast consists of cornflakes and coffee.
ratu ratu
Cool Aug 08, 2008
This new Hostel is located on Silom Area, is really cool, minimalistic decoration, have diferent amenities, TV and 2 Computers with internet connection for free! The location is good because you have the Sky train 2 minutes ago!

There are 5 different kind of rooms:

Type A(10 Beds): 380 THB

Type E (8 Beds): 530 THB

Type L (6 Beds): 630 THB

Type E (4 Beds): 730 THB

Type S (1 Double Bed)+ Private bath : 1700 THB

Breakfast included!

I was on the E type, was ok, with AC, a booth and confortable beds but there aren't curtins
Shared area Pic by www.hqhostel…
Location Map Pic by hqhostel.com
2ยบ Floor
ratu says:
The room types depends of the number of bunks they have. I don't understand you when you say "do they stand for something? " Sorry about my bad English

I think it's a mixed dorm type.
Posted on: Feb 16, 2009
jaeWALK says:
hello J.C. i was checking out HQ hostel but i'm a bit confused about the "a" the "l" "e" "m" "s" types of the rooms. do they stand for something?

is this a mixed dorm type or do males and females have separate dorms?

im really keen on booking a couple of nights here

Posted on: Feb 16, 2009
Tessagirl23 says:
Congrats on the featured review :D
Posted on: Sep 04, 2008

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check HQ Hostel Rates and Deals