HIPPO River Cruise

Clarke Quay Jetty

HIPPO River Cruise Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Relaxing 30 minutes Sep 05, 2010
It was late afternoon and the sun was shinning, so I thought it was a good time for a relaxing river cruise. We walked along Clarke Quay and past a little booth which sold HIPPO River Cruise. I picked up a map where the river cruise route was printed. It looked good so we bought tickets, SGD 15 for a 30 minutes river cruise. They also offer different types of combination tickets. See their website for details.

The guide was very good, he was knowledgeable and funny. The boat had rows of chairs where half of them were covered. The cruise took us by Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Marina Bay. When we returned to Clarke Quay I noticed that we had not gone up the river like it was marked on the map, so I asked the guide. He said: “Oh no, we are not going there, we are not licensed to go up the river”. Even though we were out for the 30 minutes it said, we still felt a bit cheated.

There is another company, Singapore River Cruise, which also do the river cruise (incl. up the river to Robertson Quay). They offer two different routes:

1. Singapore experience (Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Marina Bay) 30 minutes SGD 15/8 Adult/Child

2. New River Experience (Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Robertson Quay and Marina Bay) 45 minutes SGD 20/10 Adult/Child

I would pick Singapore River Cruise next time.
HIPPO River Cruise
The tallest building in Singapore …
Clarke Quay