1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada
HI-Montréal - Auberge de Jeunesse
HI-Montréal - Ensuite bathroom with shower.

HI-Montréal Rates and Deals

HI-Montréal Montreal Reviews

nanoocaribbean nanoocar…
Very good hostel in Montreal...but a bit expensive Jul 05, 2011
I have spent 2 nights in this hostel and I must admit that it's one of the best hostel Ive ever been , though Ive found it a bit more expensive than others.

First of all, bear in mind that when you book rooms in this hostel, the fares mentionned on the website are only for members. If you're not a member, you end up paying extra fees of cad5 per night plus taxes( that's what happened to me).

You can become a member either by staying 5 nights in the hostel , either by buying the hostelling international member card ( around cad 25).

Coming back to the main topic, this hostel is clean, there's a big kitchen with 2 or 3 big fridges, the staff is more than friendly and the'y ve got free lockers outside the rooms.

Besides, everyday the staff offer different activities such are walking tours, biking tour or night out in bars.

Ive experienced the free walking tour of old Montreal and it was quiet great. We were around 20 people from the hostel and our guide was funny and knowledgeable. Basically , he had an interesting anecdote for every monument.

The hostel offer different services such as breakfast, internet and laundry but you need to pay for them what surprised me because usually they're free in other hostels.

Any way, I had fun there and I can recommend this hostel to anyone , you will not regret your stay there.
andrejav says:
Usually HI hostels are more expensive than other options in town, but good thing is that they have to follow standards for cleanliness, internet and breakfast :). I was in Jericoacoara last month, and HI hostels price was double more expensive (dorm) than nice cabana in one posadas...
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011
ian089 ian089
Comfortable and affordable Jul 14, 2011
This was by far the best accommodation I had my entire trip. Much of the credit goes to Julien and Chris thank you.

Location and fun:

The hostel is right in the middel of everything and close to public transport. There is always something to do everyday/night of the week.

I stayed here for 5 weeks not only did i find at least 1 new thing to do every day I have to go back because there's still things I didn't get to do or see so I can promise you won't be bored or run out of things to do. And if you cant think of anything don't worry because the staff pretty much always have something planed from beer tasting at the bar under the hostel to pub crawls to tours of the city or at the very least they can give you some suggestions and they often have cheap tickets to different events like raves and hockey matches.

The cost varies depending on the time of year, how many people you share the room with and whether or not its a private room but the rates are reasonable and if your a member of HI hostels you get discounts on accommodation.

I stayed there in the off season and was paying $19 per night for a shared dorm with 1o beds but they upgraded me to a 4 bed dorm for free.

The staff are very friendly and always happy to help however they can. They always made sure I got back to the hostel safe after a rave, pub crawl or tour round Montreal.

This hostel is extremely safe if it wasn’t I would have lost lots of money and valuables. Ishould have but didn’t lock up my belonings once, and often got drunk leaving my wallet full of cash (usually around $500), ipod, harddrive and camera allover the place but without fail everything was returned the next day either by staff or other hostellers undamaged, no cash missing.

I didn't see the private rooms but the beds in the shared rooms are basic single bunk beds. The rooms themselves vary in size depending on the number of beds but a spacious enough to accommodate everyone without feeling cramped.

This is my first review ever so let me know what you think.
andrejav says:
Keep writing :)
Posted on: Jul 16, 2011
signedcutie signedcu…
A lot of fun! Jan 27, 2011
Overall, I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were great and I ended up booking an extra night because I really enjoyed the walking tours they provided for free!

They have a nice size kitchen area for cooking and food storage. You can also decide to order there if you don't feel like cooking. Sitting/lounge area is kind of small but comfy.

It is also located in the heart of DT montreal near shopping and some clubs.

I felt pretty safe in that area and the hostel has secured doors.

There is also multiple parking areas near the hostel is you so choose to drive there and need a place to stow your car.

Beds were not too bad...better then most hostels I have been to.
Lockers kind of smaller but still …
Ensuite bathroom with shower.
El_Forastero El_Foras…
Best hostel Montreal has to offer Apr 05, 2011
Great hostel. Its located right in the middle of downtown, just a few blocks from the Centre Bell (where the Canadiens play their home games). Pretty much everything you could want in Montreal is within walking distance. Everything is clean, the wi-fi is free, there's a small bar downstairs, and its all reasonably priced. Recommended.
Auberge de Jeunesse