H.I Luxembourg City

Check Luxembourg Hotel Deals

H.I Luxembourg City Reviews

Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Great looking hostel Aug 31, 2011
I spent one night at H.I. Luxembourg City and didn't have much time to visit the hostel itself.

The building and the location looked great though, like it was brand new or so. Very bright inside. The staff at reception was nice.

The dorms were very clean and so were the bathrooms. I didn't meet anyone in the hostel as I didn't spend much time there and was alone in the dorm too.

They offer a shuttle service to the main train station, which I thought was quite enjoyable as I really didn't feel like taking the bus to town as I was quite tired.

As for the costs I thought it was a bit expensive but it's average price for Luxembourg :)
tommylennie tommylen…
Youth Hostel Worth A Consideration Aug 31, 2011
Arriving at the H.I (Hostelling International) Luxembourg along with a bus load of other travellers, we were worried that they wouldn't have enough room for all of us. No need to fear though, as this hostel was massive. Initially, I had imagined the hostel to be cosy, homely and personal, like the ones I usually stay in. H.I Luxembourg, I thought, reminded me of a boarding school or universtity housing.

Don't let this put you off though, as the hostel has many plus points. Firstly, the location is pretty decent, your not too far away from the sights of Luxembourg. Secondly, despite the size of the place, it was always very clean and looked well maintained. Thirdly, the staff were helpful and accommodating, as they set up a television for a few of us, so that we could watch a World Cup game.

Last, but not least, was the food. The hostel was equipped with a decent sized canteen that offered up a great deal at dinner time. For a few Euro's (can't remember the exact cost), we got a bowl of the days soup and a massive portion of delicious Lasagne. The quantities were awesome, and the quality was equally good. This went down a treat with us, and all the other hungry travellers.

There's no real party atmosphere here, so don't expect wild nights in. There are plenty of bars in the nearby area though, and we made the use of them when we fancied a few beers. There were a few travellers like us, but most of the guests were made of large groups, such as the Scottish Girls Volleyball team we saw there.

Not your typical hostel then, more like a youth hostel, but worth considering, especially if you want heaps of cheap food and a break from those party hostels.
seraphimkarlien seraphim…
pretty good Jul 08, 2005
Typical HI hostel, with large dorms with bunkbeds, but it has some good extras. The staff were wonderful. There's a bar that's great to meet other backpackers, with drinks at reasonable prices, and if I recall correctly you can eat there too. There is also a book exchange.

Unlike some other hostels in Luxemburg, there were more individual travellers here than groups, which was a nice change. Breakfast is included. There is no kitchen. There's no lockout, but they do ask you to be out by 10 am so they can clean the rooms.

It's a bit of a walk from the old town, but not too far. It's recommended to get a reservation in advance, as they are often full. If you show up without a reservation and they are full, they will refer you to another hostel in Luxembourg that does have vacancies (when I was in Echternach, this had happened most of my roommates).

Check Luxembourg Hotel Deals