HI Hostel Seydisfjordur

HI Hostel Seydisfjordur  - The town center building

HI Hostel Seydisfjordur Reviews

halilee halilee
Beautiful character hostel, stunning surrounds Jun 12, 2014
So there are 2 buildings for this hostel. One down by the harbour and one near the town centre. I spent the night near the center after asking to be moved there. When you arrive at the hostel, you will see a piece of paper on he door or desk with your name and which building you are in along with you room number. Check in is at the center after 5pm.

I spent 1 night there and when I went to be harbour where I was originally to stay, I wasn't impressed. The room seemed dark and very very basic, kind of like a tea house. It struck me more like a shack. Also my friend was booked at the center and I saw there was still an empty private room at the center so I asked if I could switch and they obliged.

My room , a private double, at the center was huge, lots of room, characterful looking. Bed was ok, good warm quilt, and you provide your own sheets. As with all the HI hostels in Iceland, this one was spotless.

The center building is the style of a 1920's house, lots of character, beautiful rooms, big kitchen and dining area. I loved the look and the style. It was bright and cheerful. Staff were pleasant. The shared bathrooms had good hot water. There is paid laundry facilities available as well.

I would definitely recommend this hostel, however do request to stay at the center and not the harbour, at least that is my opinion.
my room