HEL Helsinki-Vantaa

HEL Helsinki-Vantaa - Boarding
HEL Helsinki-Vantaa - Leaving for the plane
HEL Helsinki-Vantaa - One of the bars
HEL Helsinki-Vantaa - Crowded Airport, but also it's so small
HEL Helsinki-Vantaa - Boarding to Nagoya ;)

HEL Helsinki-Vantaa Reviews

Chokk Chokk
An ordinary medium sized airport Jul 27, 2010
I had only been in this airport some years ago and actually so many that; I could not remember a thing from it. When we arrived, the plane had to drive kilometres in to the dock but first there the rest went really fast. We were able to leave the plane quite fast and there were no problems in getting down to where our luggage we delivered. I had landed in the little terminal and I was leaving from it again.

It took some time before the suitcases arrived, but it was faster than I am used to at Copenhagen airport. The car rentals were situated close to the arrival area and the large parking houses were also rather close to the arrival and departure terminal.

For departure the check-in area is not the most logic but it went pretty fast anyway. The security went fast for me because I could use the fast track but there were much longer queue for my colleague using the other line; but it was far from what I have seen in other airport and this was even in the holiday season where some people brings strange stuff to the security.

The small terminal had hardly any shops there are all situated in the new end which is almost 10 minutes walk from the small terminal. They had some good bars and some decent eating places but not much to write home about.
One of the bars
Leaving for the plane
Boarding
ratu ratu
No security! Feb 20, 2009
I have been twice in this airport, the final aproach is amazing you can see why Finland is "The land of 1000 lakes"!

But what dissapoint me most was security controls, I will explain my story:

Once arrived from Nagoya (14h flight) I went with my stuff to security control, they make me put each bag in different box and bla bla bla, much morethan other airports, then I come to inmigration and get outside...

OMG! I HAVE LOST THE HAND BAG!!!

So I went to the exit inmigration gates spends so much time and explain to the officer, he let me pass, no problem :)

Then I go to Inmigration entry and they say me that my bag wasnt there, that could be at X-Ray scanner area but it's downstairs of an electric stairs, he told me that can't call them and suggest me to go downstairs while people is going up!!!!

I did it shouting, people get shocked when I arrive down I found my bag, it was right there and nobody notice it!!!

Why the hell they make me separate all my bags and many controls and then they don't notice it about that bag?

CRAZY lol
Crowded Airport, but also it's so …
Boarding to Nagoya ;)
ratu says:
Exactly!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2009
YantiSoeparno says:
The morale of the story: don't forget to count how many bags you bring! ;D
Posted on: Feb 19, 2009