TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,845 travelers just like you!

HCSmooth66
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi I

Hometown: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, USA
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Join Date: June 25, 2007
Contributions: HCSmooth66 has written about 106 places, shared 2,165 photos, left 2,349 comments, and smiled 1,045 times.
Travel Plans
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Aug 23, 2017 – Sep 4, 2017
Flying into and out of Amsterdam. Probably won't stay long, but my plans are fluid.
Doha, Qatar
dream destination
Muscat, Oman
dream destination
I enjoyed Muscat. Would love to return.
» see all 33 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu was just stunning. Every day was a joy, and Machu Picchu is so incredible.

Australia. Sitting on Bondi Beach was so relaxing, so wonderful, so perfect.

My solo trip from Edinburgh to Amsterdam via London, Paris, and Brussels. It was my first solo international getaway and I loved the freedom, the challenge, and the entire experience.

Rome - Dinner at a little cafe on a random street in the vicinity of the Spanish Steps. Loved the Forum and the Colisseum and virtually everything about that city.

Athens - Had always been a dream of mine to see the Parthenon, and the Acroplis lived up to my expectations.

Cyclades - Though my time in Athens was phenomenal, I think overall I found more enjoyment on some of the islands in the Aegean. Aside from the obvious tourist-trap things on Santorini I found it to be among the most unique and beautiful places I'd ever seen. And the ruins on Delos are incredible.

Alaska - I've been to Alaska a number of times, but the natural beauty of that state never fails to take your breath away.
Profile
Is it time for my trip yet??

I believe that travel is the only cure for ignorance. I confess that I am far too ignorant, and therefore must travel more often to more places.
Donnie_Duck says:
Heya, u in Oman for just the one day?
Posted on: Feb 12, 2017
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: May 29, 2016
matchalatte0516 says:
Welcome to Japan, Dont you come to Osaka? What a shame! (*>ω
Posted on: Oct 08, 2015

HCSmooth66's Travel Blogs

Last Big Trip of 2010 to Philly & San Diego
Aug 21, 2010 – Aug 24, 2010
My last trip of the year before my job gets too busy to get out for much more than a 3-day weekend.
Overview 1,387 words 124 4 53
New Mexico - The Land of Enchantment
Jul 16, 2010 – Jul 18, 2010
A long weekend trip to a state I have rarely ever spent time in, New Mexico.
Overview 1,045 words 103 0 9
Peru 2010
May 28, 2010 – Jun 05, 2010
Lima, Peru -› Cusco, Peru -› …
A trip to Peru, which included a few days in Lima before setting off to Cusco to walk the Inca Trail and see Machu Picchu.
Overview 1,997 words 680 30 62

HCSmooth66's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in San Diego, California, USA
I paid a visit to the world famous San Diego Zoo on my last trip to San Diego. It really is am …
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in San Diego, California, USA
This hotel is in a great location right down in the Gaslamp Quarter and a short distance to Balb…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Great location for this hotel right at the Convention Center. My room was clean and comfortable…