Guru Kebab & Curry

Av. Benavides # 3796 - Surco, Lima, Peru

Guru Kebab & Curry Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Finally in Lima real Indian Taste - Guru Kebab & Curry Jun 04, 2009
Although Lima is growing, there are not many ethnic restaurants. I was looking for a Indian place since quite a while. There was one, but it closed and there was another just serving catering. But once I saw a small place in my way home and was looking forward to try it. I was with Craig, who loves Indian food, and I thought that was the perfect time to do it! I also have heard good comments about that place...

The place is small, just a few tables, but really cozy and has a couple of parking places in front. It's on a big avenue, so it can be difficult to find a parking place and also a bit loud, but it's worth it.

The waiter approached to us and gave us the menu - which is also in English. They have a good variety and everything looks so tasty. Appetizers, Main dishes, Desserts and drinks. Also they have vegetarian food. Since I was no expert, Craig ordered the food. As appetizer we got "Samosas" stuffed with beef. They are like the empanadas - so good!!!!

And for main dishes we got: Chicken Curry & Korna Veggies. They both were delicious!!! All the dishes come with rice. Indian food can be spicy, but you can ask for light, medium or spicy. The dipping sauces were really tasty too! Also we got "Chapattis" the Indian bread, with extra dipping yogurt, hehehe. So good, I was with an expert, hahaha.

Regarding the staff, they are really kind and helpful. The waiter asked if it was our first time for Indian food and since it was mine, he was giving me recommendations and explaining all the dishes. Also while we were eating the owner asked how everything was. I noticed that despite they are a small place, they are always busy and have reservations.

For lunch they also have a "menu" which is cheap.

Mmm, definitely I have to go back to this place and try other dishes, hehehe. Finally a place with real Indian & Pakistani food, yay!!!!

Update: I came back with an Indian friend, who'd be the best judge and tell me how real this food was. The place passed the test! He even called the chef and they chatted in Indian, hahaha. Now I know the chef and next time I'd call him too, hehehe
inside the restaurant
beef samosas
Liselore_Verschuren says:
Looks great, congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Feb 16, 2010
travelman727 says:
Great review! Next time I come to Lima, I'll have to try this wonderful restaurant :-D
Posted on: Dec 01, 2009
yadilitta says:
You're welcome! Sure, we can visit the restaurant when you are in town. I'm not 100% vegetarian but love the veggies and know several places that can be perfect for you!
Posted on: Nov 01, 2009