Gunung Kawi Temple

Tampaksiring - Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia

Gunung Kawi Temple Bali Reviews

yuness yuness
'Gunung Kawi Temple is truly a hidden GEM' Nov 27, 2012
To come and visit Gunung Kawi Temple, one must be prepare for a long walk, good energy is needed because the temple can only be reached on foot from the car park, part of this walk is also to get to the entrance gate, where visitors must purchase a ticket for Rp 6,000, once inside the location of the temple is nowhere to be seen, this is because the temple is in the valley, so our next surprise is that we have to descend about 320 steps...Arriving at the base of the valley, then you will enter a long corridor that purposely made by the splitting of the large cliff rocks. This hallway is the entrance to Gunung Kawi Temple.

Calm, quiet and gurgling water are the only sounds audible as we descend passed verdant rice terraces, makes me smile to have my feet a foothold in the area of Gunung Kawi Temple a place I’ve wanted to visit for a long time. After completing Down the steps and passing through the rock corridor then we reach the open doorway, that is carved out from both sides of the cliff rock, then to pass under and through, I’m greeted with a view of carved features in the cliff rock side, these form part of the surrounds of this Temple. This is the uniqueness of Gunung Kawi Temple and of course the unique charm of Bali’s never-ending tourist delights! Yes! Bali deserves a title of a “feast for the eyes”.

There are four sculpted features. I stood, looking towards the them and then comes the question, "How can this rock be so exquisitely carved into a temple? " Questions that may never be answered. Satisfied with some camera shots, I continued my journey to cross the bridge over the Pakerisan river that is so cool and clean. As I entered the inner temple area there various souvenirs sellers. I take just a small look, the only souvenirs I require is from the Temple Herself, which is her aromatherapy smell, so typical of such temples in Bali.

For those who wish to enter, visitors are not allowed to use footwear must be bare feet. Satisfied with more camera shots, my trip continue to shower/bathing area that has sacred waters Flowing through small stone sphere sculptures. The air around the temple was also very cool, very suitable and welcome break from the heat of the day.

Gunung Kawi Temple is truly a hidden GEM! with historical and archaeological heritage values, this temple reveals our past generations beliefs in nature which must be protected and preserved. and today's generation to know and then learn from their history. Enjoy the beauty of the temple and its surroundings, our imaginations are invited to feel the aura of past lives who’s. Radiant energy and presents are still felt here. Coupled with the beautiful nature and built structures that can still be seen and encountered around the temple, all help to lift your spirit to be more strong in peace of mind and soul but as for your BODY...just remember 320 steps now to ASCEND...:D
@Cicie,thanks jeng..ngak sia-sia gw ke Gunung Kawi ya..LOL
yuness says:
@Raghunath,Hali,Lauryl,Jeremy,Nancy,Andrea,Cho and Yunni..A big thank you for all your congratz :) I really appriciate!
yuness says:
@Rhea,Thank you for the lovely comments and congrats...maybe next time you visit Bali you can go here :)

Check Bali Hotel Deals