Gunther's Ice Cream Shop

2801 Franklin Blvd., Sacramento, CA, USA
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - simple menu
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - yummy!!!!
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - yummy!!!!
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - still the same decor
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - simple menu
Gunther's Ice Cream Shop - Gunther's

Gunther's Ice Cream Shop Sacramento Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN SACTO Aug 19, 2008
Jermey(vulindlela) did a review i while back about this place. erin and i had to go and try it. we were on our way to drop me off the airport at SFO. this wold be a great place to finish off the FOODIE ADVENTURE in NORCALI.

they have been around since 1940. the current owners now was a former employee. they have running like how "pop" did until he died in the 80's.

OMG i was so happy to find out they also offered sugar free ice cream. at that time, they had vanilla and pralines and cream.

i ordered 2 scoops of course on a cone!!!!. i have not had it on a cone in ages. i felt like a kid again.

erin had 2 scoops in a cup. she had strawberry cheesecake and bing cherry i think?? she said it is one of the best.

not bad for $4 ice cream. that is price of one scoop in coldstone. we were in heaven. next time i would like to hang out and eat my ice cream here. the locals were staring at us taking photos of the place.

it still keeps it's "mom and pop" charm. i wish there was one like this in VEGAS. i know there are plenty in LA. i will do some research. i will definitely come back here.
yummy!!!!
still the same decor
simple menu
simple menu
mellemel8 says:
then i will be officially called QUEEN GUTTON :P
Posted on: Aug 26, 2008
pinchora says:
you know Mel.. .you should open a frozen yogurt/ice cream mom and pop shop in Vegas...
Posted on: Aug 24, 2008
vulindlela vulindle…
The only ice cream in Sacramento! Jun 19, 2008
We have enjoyed Gunther's Ice Cream from the days when we lived in Sacramento. For four years, we had lived a mile from this place and did not even know it existed. Now, we visit everytime we go back.

Gunther's was opened in 1940 and has not changed much since. They do make the ice cream on site.

The menu at Gunther's consists of about 30 ice cream flavors as well shakes, smoothies, and other novelty items. They also serve sandwiches.

The most popular item is a "50/50", which is half vanilla ice cream and half fruit freeze.

Our favorite flavor, without a doubt, is Swiss Orange Chip. It is chocolate ice cream with tiny orange pulp and chocolate chips.

Jugglin' Joe is the mascot on the sign and is the only moving neon sign in the area because they banned that type of sign due to being a distraction to motorists.

If you ever visit the area, make sure you stop by. You will not be disappointed.
Gunther's
Swiss Orange Chip
Amy792 says:
The next time I go to Sac, this is the first place I'm going!
Posted on: Aug 17, 2008
worldcitizen says:
Mmm, I love orange and chocolate together. I always seem to end up visiting people in Sac on super hot days in the summer. Next time this is the case, I'll have to check this place out ;)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2008
pinchora says:
Oh I love Ice Cream!!! Thanx a bunch for sharin!!!!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2008