Gumbo Shop

630 Saint Peter Street, New Orleans, LA, USA - 504-525-1486

Gumbo Shop New Orleans Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Vegetarians are welcome at the Gumbo Shop! Jan 29, 2013
Hanging out with a bunch of carnivores craving traditional local cuisine? Then you should consider The Gumbo Shop. Your friends can eat all the local fare they want and you won’t be sitting at the table with a boring iceberg salad.

We came here because my friend wanted to have some good Jambalaya and someone on the street told us to go here.

I was honestly surprise to learn that The Gumbo Shop even had a vegetarian option. They had one dish on the menu and when I went it was red beans and white rice. I don’t know if this is always the veg dish or if they change it up from day to day.

I ordered the one Veggie dish and a side salad with the pecan vinagritte. Both were delicious and filling. The pecan dressing amazing!!

Atmosphere was cozy and quaint. We sat in the small courtyard area and it was very pleasant. Especially when the weather is gorgeous.

Service was fantastic and very helpful. Our waitress was kind enough to keep the complimentary bread coming!
Veg Red beans and white rice.
montecarlostar says:
We missed this place because we visited others on your list, but this one will surely be on my list for next time! ;)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2013
dzhao1988 dzhao1988
great food Mar 31, 2011
great food and service is excellent, you have to try their jumbolaya and chicken gumbo, i have tried a lot of gumbo around New Orleans and i found this shop to be the best
victorjunior victorju…
A must munch place in New Orleans French Qurt Apr 29, 2010
This is a great place to munch in New Orleans French Quarter. Located on Saint Peter Street just a few blocks down from Burbon Street. The staff are very friendly and suggestive. I had a bowl of red beans and rice I loved it I mentioned to our waitress that it was too bad we were only there for a few days and I was not able to try their other menue items. She then brought us out a few samples at no extra charge. The food is amazing like most food in New Orleans of course. This is a must stop and munch place when you go to New Orleans!
Maui Maui
Great Taste of Creole New Orleans Jun 10, 2009
The servers were really nice and accommodating when 17 of us rolled in. Then another 5 people came in our party and the service was still great.

All I can say is that I had the Jambalaya and practically ate half of my husband's crawfish etouffee.

We couldn't help ourselves but to buy some of their Garlic Hot Sauce and creole seasoning before we left - so good.
hot sauce and seasonings

Related Travel Blogs About Gumbo Shop

Bourbon Street
I first went to a really nice restaurant called Gumbo Shop where I had my first New Orleans Hurricane cocktail which includes White Rum, Jamaican Dark Rum, Bacardi, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice. If …Gumbo Shop where I had my first New Orleans Hurricane cocktail which includes White Rum, Jamaican Dark Rum, Bacardi, Orange…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals