Gullane Bents

Gullane, Scotland

Gullane Bents Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Gullane Bents Jun 13, 2010
Gullane Bents is an area of natural land and a beach near Edinburgh, Scotland. It is a lovely place for a walk along the coast.

The coastal land here is a mix of sandy beach and rock pools, with some scrubby sand dunes and some pine woodland. The wildflowers here are wonderful. I’m afraid my pictures don’t really do it justice, because I was here with a friend and didn’t want to be too annoying by stopping every few minutes to take pictures. You’ll just have to take my word for it. The pine woods are lovely, and there are plenty of paths criss-crossing the dunes.

This is a great place for a walk and some fresh air, and would probably be a good place to fly a kite. You can swim in the North Sea, but it’s pretty cold and the water isn’t all that clean. On the three days a year when it is warm enough to sunbathe, you could do that too.

The beaches face into the North Sea, or more accurately, the Firth of Forth, and so there might be a bit of rubbish and litter after a storm. Barbecues are allowed, as are dogs. I can imagine it getting quite busy at the weekend if the weather is nice, and I actually slightly prefer beaches like this when it is a bit cold and drizzly. There are surprisingly clean toilets. Admission is free.

Related Travel Blogs About Gullane Bents

Family history
On Saturday, I went out to East Linton, where I had spent many happy weeks in the summers staying with my Grandma.  Unfortunately, Grandma died when I was about 10, so although my memories of he…Gullane Bents, which is an area of natural land out towards the North Sea.   It was really great…

Check Gullane Hotel Deals