Gul Sultan Hotel

Gul Sultan Hotel Rates and Deals

Gul Sultan Hotel Istanbul Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Gul Sultan Hotel Apr 05, 2015
Gul Sultan Hotel is a three stars hotel, located a few blocks behind the Sultan Ahmet Square. The easiest way to get there is to walk from the fountain on the square down the street and then turn to the left. Almost at the end of Akbiyik Cadessi, the hotel is on the right. If you find yourself in front of the Topkapi Palace, go also down the street and on the second crossroad take a turn to the right, the hotel is on the left.

The whole street is full of small hotels, which are more like pensions than hotels.

From the entrance door of the hotel, at the reception you will be greeted kindly by the host Hamitbey, a likeable little man who speaks with soft voice. A very unusual situation happened, that I experienced for the first time in Turkey, when he sent a street cat, that came in behind me, out from the lobby of the hotel. When I asked him for the reason, he said that these cats sneak off into some corner and urinate, so that stinks.

Hamitbey had quickly done formalities of check- in, gave me a simple key and showed me the way to the room, which was upon my arrival just made ready for me. The hotel has no elevator so the only way to get to the room was to use stairs. The room was beautiful, spacious and bright. It smelled of cleanliness. There was a large wardrobe, a large armchair but no table, mini TV with satellite channels, mirror, refrigerator, telephone. Bathroom was private and with no windows, a shower, hair dryer, and obligatory supplies such as soap, shampoo, toilet paper, slippers for the room and towels. Everything functioned perfectly. The bed was comfortable. On the evening before sleeping I wanted to turn on air conditioning, but I could not find the remote control, so I went down to the front desk. There was a night receptionist who put new batteries in it. It surprised me, but when I turned on the air conditioning and when from it that started to get out a black dust, I realized that it was not used for a long time. Luckily I had the heating in a room from radiators. Although the windows were facing the street, there was no noise during the time of my stay. Breakfast was included in the prise of my accommodation, and was served on top of the building from 8 to 11. There was everything to eat but in small amounts. I could even ask for a dish prepared in a pan, but to me it was quite enough what was already offered. Boiled eggs, a very tasty cheese and salami, black and green olives, tomato, cucumber, cakes, biscuits, cereals, several types of pastries, tea, milk, coffee, apples and many more which I can not remember now. I had a feeling that the hotel was empty and I was the only guest in the morning because there was nobody else at breakfast. I was served probably by the owner's mother, who was present all the time and very obliging. They took care that I would not find any objection. WiFi was available in the hotel room and was free of charge.

Address: Cankurtaran Mah.Akbiyik caddesi No: 9 Sultanahmet Fatih, 34122 Istanbul

Phone: +90 212 517 3873
a view from the window is on a sid…
a double bed
a beautiful room
the shower is on the left

Gul Sultan Hotel Overview

Hotel Gul Sultan was originally a residence house . Which means,you will find and feel warmth home ambience with traditional Turkish hospitality far away from your own house. It had been builted at the begining of the 20th century as a private home. It has been restorated for the hotel accommodation recently. The hotel is located in the centre of the old city, only a few minutes walk to The Blue Mosque, St. Sophia, Topkapi Palace,Basilic Cistern, The Obelisk at Sultanahmet Hippodrome square,Grand Bazaar,Marmara sea sight and the other tourist attractions. There is easy access to the hotel from Istanbul international airport (18 km. away), the main railway station (3 km.),Gulsultan hotel offers very comfortable accommodation to the guest and there is a gift shop for our guests entrance also available from our lobby.

Gul Sultan Hotel Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Shops
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower