Guincho A Galera Restaurant

Hotel Lisboa

Guincho A Galera Restaurant Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Pampering and fantastic food Jan 06, 2017
The Guincho a Galera restaurant in Macau is a branch of the Fortaleza do Guincho restaurant in Portugal with one Michelin start. Unfortunately the child restaurant do not have any Michelin star at the moment. However I would not be surprise if they receive it in the near future.

Guincho a Galera restaurant located on the third floor of the famous Lisboa Hotel in Macau, and it offers authentic Portuguese cuisine where the food prepared in the most skilful and innovative style.

From the moment I step into the restaurant, it offer luxury and pampering. The staff dress in an eyes catching bright colour traditional uniform and they speak English well. The chair was very comfortable to sit on, and the tables has nice space and privacy in between other dinners.

The restaurant has an extensive wines selection, and it was the most expensive wines I ever seen in my life, ouwh….. I would not be able to afford that….well.. maybe… but I definitely not buying those expensive wines.

The menu offer was simple without any pretentious. While we were browsing the menu, the two type of different breads arrived on the table and it was free. The bread was warm and really nice. The restaurant definitely get satisfy tick from me.

After ordering the food, the food arrive in timely manner with the explanation from the staff. The herring salad was okay, light and taste. The duck confit spring rolls was really delicious, very yummy and I could eat again and again.

The grill octopus and fresh vegetables was refreshing. It cook just right and the meat was very tender. The spring chicken with wood burner aroma was define with great presentation where the plate was covered with smoke and when it open, it smell delicious. It looks so simple however taste really delicious. The meat was so soft and tasty with different kind of herbs and salt. Unfortunately the pork taste was a bit bland compare with the spring chicken, however it was presented beautifully on the plate.

Lastly and what I was waiting for is the dessert. The decadent dark chocolate cake with mix berries ice cream, and a creamy tofu yogurt on separate glass was to die for. It was worth all the penny spend. Final dessert is the collections of petit fours to accompany the tea and coffee.

Oh boy… I was very happy with this restaurant. Fantastic service and great food without make a tear in the wallet like other Michelin restaurant around the world, especially in Denmark.
the hotel building where the resta…
inside the hotel building
lounge inside the restaurant
cotton_foam says:
I want to travel with you because you know what a good food is!!! Maybe, someday the four of us can go to a Michelin restaurant so I can try also a formal dining like the ones you go where food is one by one brought to your table! :))
Posted on: Aug 22, 2017