Guided City Tour by Bus
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Guided City Tour by Bus San Miguel de Allende Reviews
One of the best tours Jul 15, 2011
San Miguel de Allende is a small town and every road connects with each other. A guided bus tour to know the city is a must.
Turistica Imperial operates this guided city tours in both English and Spanish. Certain guides only speak english. So we have to ask the same while getting the tickets. Duration of this tour is 90mins and cost 5USD.
When I took the tour, the guide was very interactive. One of the best guides I have ever seen in my travels. This tour covers almost all histoical places in San miguel de Allende. Starts from a Plaza where most of meetings were held during Independence rebellion, named Plaza de la Conspiracion. This plaza is opposite to the main garden of the downtown.
On the way the guide will introduce the following places in his own style with humour.
1. Parish of angels church
2. Casa Allende
3. Casa Canal
4. Nuns church built by Canal for his daugther
5. Different fountains in the city. 40+ fountains were used earlier for water distribution. Most of them have the dates back to 18th century.
6. One of the fountains named lady crying fountain. He will set the stage for all spanish speaking people to cry to show other tourists how the girl cries.
7. Benito Juarez Park. Here he will explain why this park is important for teenagers and the rule of artificial respiration process.
8. First stop. He will take us to explain the place where the San Miguel town was founded and explains the story of dogs finding the water. Now a public laundry system is in place there. He will demonstrate how the systemworks.
9. Second stop. Queretero Salida view point. We can see magnificient views of the city. He will build the excitement showing the Parish angel church from different streets. On the way to view point he also shows us Pedro varagas, Famous opera singer house and explain the family history.
10. On the way back he will show 2 more anicient churches. One has the door built in 16th century. Also he shows us a wish fountain and ask all of us to wish by closing eyes.
11. He will show us the home where Perdro vargas was born. 12. Also a old petrol pump stating 1 ltr gas was for 25 mexican cents.
13. He showed us the house of the famous comic actor too.
On the way he will show us some shops and restaurants and recommend some of them for food, candys and antiques. Over all this tour helps us to understand the history of famous people here.
I feel this tour is must for all of us if we visit San Miguel de Allende.
Part of the Guanajuato, MX travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!