Guichen Bay Motel

42 Victoria Street, Robe, Australia
Guichen Bay Motel - Motel rooms
Guichen Bay Motel - Stickt date pudding
Guichen Bay Motel - Seafood platter (for 2 persons)

Check Robe Hotel Deals

Guichen Bay Motel Robe Reviews

Vlindeke Vlindeke
basic, cosy, great (sea)food Oct 22, 2010
We were only staying one night in this motel (situated at the main road of Robe).

As we stopped earlier that day at “The Big Lobster” in Kingston South East the gentleman at the bar said ‘see you later’. He, Murray Pitt and his wife, turned out to be the owners of “The Big Lobster” and “Guichen Bay Motel”.

The rooms are immediately next to the parking. The room (room 13, a standard double room) was a little bit full with furniture, but cosy. Basic, clean. Coffee and tea facilities, television and fridge. Electric blanket is provided (didn’t need it).

You can refill your water bottles with rain water at a big jar next to entrance of the restaurant.

The best was having dinner in the restaurant. We choose the seafood platter. I’m not sure about the price any more AU $ 30 or 35 a person. Great food. I just loved the oysters and the king prawns.

The ‘sticky date pudding’ with caramel sauce was great too! Actually the best I had during my stay in Australia (and I tried a few ;))!

Breakfast (not included) is served in the same restaurant, but I didn’t have it.

More information at: www.guichenbaymotel.com.au