Gui Shan Hotel Guilin

Gui Shan Hotel Guilin Rates and Deals

Gui Shan Hotel Guilin Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Gui Shan (Jasper) Hotel ~ unusual & affordable May 13, 2007
The Gui Shan (Jasper) Motel was a recommendation of Vivian, our Friendly Planet guide. It was a very good pick. The Jasper motel was a great place that had an amazing lobby. It was not a brand new place and looked a little tired but it was very different and unique. The lobby had a huge skylight with red ribbons (about 6 feet wide) running from different points in the roof and ending at the skylight. It was neat looking. The floors were marble and they had many groupings of furniture. There were windows running along the front of the lobby …. It was really bright and light inside.

The manager greeted us and gave us his card. He was a really nice guy who was really involved in the running of the motel.

We were really excited about how unusual the lobby was designed. There were ponds with gold fish and waterfalls. Off to one side and up two stairs was the breakfast area. (we missed the breakfast buffet this morning but will go to it tomorrow. We had to order off the menu.) The breakfast area was sort of surrounded by a moat of water with cute little goldfish.... It was called the Café de Spring.

After we got to the motel we put our luggage in the room. The Halls were really long…. It would be easy to get lost in the different turns…. We went out to a night time tour of the Guilin lakes. It lasted until 9:00. We went to an internet café then found our way back. We got back to the motel and asked the manager if he knew of a restaurant: near by. (He was still working although it was almost 10 PM: what incredible dedication.) he asked what kind of food? muslum? koshur? american? no! .... we wanted Chinese. He recommended the restaurant on the fourth floor in the motel: ... excellent choice! The restaurant was called Bamboo Garden. David got eel with bamboo shoots and I got duck tongues (they had a bone!!!) with vegetables, rice, tea, a huge plate of fruit, round water chestnuts with celery and macadamia nuts all for twelve dollars total. The duck tongues were so funny to eat. I popped one in my mouth then discovered they have a long, flexible bone in them.... they had to be eaten off the bone. I loved it when I offered David one and he popped one in his mouth... ha ha... We love trying new things .... The server was so lovely and sweet …. Kept coming over to fill our tea cups.

While we ate many, many people came in (from tour bus) and ate at the group tables on the sides where . They have big lazy Susan’s that spin and allow everyone to dish up. We have eaten many of those free tour group meals and felt very fortunate to be eating on our own. Although the waiters and waitresses were very busy with this huge group they never stopped attending to us.

I was very shocked and really angry when a sleezy massage guy called David over when we passed his place in the hall. He offered David a lady who didn’t look like a masseuse right in front of me! She actually looked like a prostitute…..I was really annoyed (read furious) … I wondered why they allowed it but it’s right there in the halls so it’s profit apparently. We walked by several times later but were never approached again…. (lucky for them!!) So that's one thing I didn't care for!

The next morning we were surprised to see the manager again at the desk…. Geez…. When does this guy sleep?….. We went to the buffet to eat and were amazed at the variety. I always love the fruit…. And it had lots of dragon fruit and watermelon. They had lots of bread, meats and pastries. I shopped in the gift shop and paid a small fortune for a fan but I knew I would need it that day.

We absolutely would recommend this motel. It was not a new motel and some of the things were tired and maybe needed replaced….. But it was very unusual and really had a variety to offer the traveler.
boxinbcn says:
I had a similar experience with my wife in Thailand! A guy walked up right to me and wanted me to go into a sleazy club and check out the girls! I told him, "sorry, not interested!" he insisted, so I said, "sorry, I'm with my wife" and he answered "you no worry, we watch her!" :-) we had to laugh as we continued on our way!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2010
couchdesurfer says:
Hmmmm, i'm hungry! :)
Posted on: Feb 19, 2010
kamja says:
The most important thing: food! :>
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010

Gui Shan Hotel Guilin Overview

The Gui Shan Hotel Guilin is located in the center of Guilin nearby to attractions like the Li River, and the Seven Star Park. The hotel is also nearby to the city’s businesses, restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues. The Gui Shan Hotel Guilin is easily accessible by car. Guests who arrive at the airport can rely on the hotel’s free airport transport service to get to the hotel, and guests can also walk around much of the city.

Guests of this hotel can expect non-smoking, air-conditioned rooms full of comforts and amenities, including attached bathrooms with complimentary bathrobes and hair dryers. All rooms come with complimentary wireless Internet access and desks. The rooms of the Gui Shan Hotel Guilin are decorated in a pleasing contemporary style.

Guests of the Gui Shan Hotel Guilin can enjoy plenty of modern amenities, including four restaurants which specialize in Chinese food. The hotel also offers a coffee house, which serves light meals and snacks throughout the day. Besides this, guests can relax in the sauna, spa, pool, or garden, or they can get a workout on the tennis courts or in the gym.

Gui Shan Hotel Amenities

• Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes