Guggenheim Museum

(212) 423-3500

Guggenheim Museum New York Reviews

maja_zlahoda maja_zla…
Art, art and more art up the ramp! Jan 08, 2011
The Guggenheim is one of the greatest attractions in terms of art appreciation in NYC. Ok, so the city is overall great and why should you stay couped-up in a museum?

Here are some reasons:

1) Winter-time is atrocious in terms of weather, It's just really cold outside, the Guggenheim offers a great indoor atmosphere.

2) Great impression of artistic taste right before heading for dinner, good time killer.

3) The Spiral shape of the museum allows you to enjoy its design as well as the artwork without slaving up steep stairs.

Finally, the Guggenheim entrance fee is voluntary (10$ recommended), which is much cheaper than the MoMA, and offers better audio-description and pieces (Picasso and Van Gogh)to pear at.

It was just great, a must-see when in the Big Apple!!
Multi level spiral
The Gift Store
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
A Big Let Down Feb 01, 2010
The Guggenheim name is known throughout the world, with it's various museums around the world, so I was expecting this to be good.

On 5th Ave,up at about 89th St, to the eastern side of Central Park, it certainly creates an impression when you see it from the outside. big white building ,with one end being a spiral ramp.

At $18 to get in it is about the same as all the othe major attractions in New York.

When you go into the first gallery, it is quite small, but has some good paintings in it, but you get the impression that there must be a lot more further up. Well there isn't.

Consists of about 6 small galleries, one on each level as you go up the ramp, but they are all really samll.

I did like the Paris gallery,particularly the Marc Chagall 'Paris through The Window, they had on the 3rd level, if it hadn't been for that I would have rated it a 1 .

There are a list of does and don'ts as you go in and around the building, predominantly don'ts, and there are security people hovering about all over the place. To me it had the atmosphere of a prison library.

They are very sensitive about people taking pictures, even with a phone with no flash photography, and I got pulled up twice :d, didn't want to risk getting chucked out for a third offence :D

Took me about an hour, and that was strining it out, and going back to the bit I liked best.

Be OK if you are REALLY into art, or if it's raining and you have nothing else left to do, but I would give it a miss.
Front Of The Guggenheim
Spiral Ramp Inside
Down Into One Of The Galleries
Best I Could Get Of My favourite P…
travpro11 says:
We have the amazing Getty Museum in LA, and it's free :)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2011
Dr_Seuss says:
Would have taken a whole load of beer for me to get a different experience here Huib :D
Posted on: Feb 11, 2010
huibdos says:
Art is in the eye of the beerholder:)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2010
karla karla
Dec 06, 2006
Most famous in Bilbao is the Guggenheim Museum. Definitely woth a visit, but take care of the queue. Also nice are the "siete calles" which is supposed to be the old downtown of the city. Nice for drinking and eating tapas.
Keaton Keaton
Sep 10, 2005
Great building to look at, inside and out! Some of the artwork exibits change, while some remain the same. My personal favorite is the Kandinsky Gallery. Amazing artist! I think its a great museum to go visit.

Related Travel Blogs About Guggenheim Museum

A wonderful winters day in Melbourne
We headed to the National Gallery of Victoria to see the Guggenheim exhibition on a cold July afternoon. The exhibition incuded artworks from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York - the 1940's…Guggenheim Museum in New York - the 1940's to now collection. I was surprised at how busy the gallery was given…
Guggenheim Museum
Wie aan New York denkt, denkt aan de Empire State Building, Ground Zero, The Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, en het Guggenheim Museum. Hoewel het enige blocks verderop is heb ik de eer dat dit landm…New York denkt, denkt aan de Empire State Building , Ground Zero, The Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, en het Guggenheim Museum
Manhattan Museums
It was not raining this morning and I had the entire day ahead of me before my 9:00 PM flight to Norfolk. I made my way back to Astro, the cafe from yesterday, for breakfast before heading into Centr…New York. I decided not to go to the Met this morning. Instead, I went to the Guggenheim. I have mixed feelings about this museum

Check New York Hotel Deals