Guest Ranch Motel

Check Cheyenne Hotel Deals

Guest Ranch Motel Cheyenne Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
A nightmare! Jan 02, 2014
Ok we stayed in this hotel when our trip had already become a nightmare, so I will try to be fair and judge the hotel by what it was, not by the surrounding circumstances.

We were coming back from Laramie under horrible weather conditions and a dangerous gusty wind, so I was already very stressed and just wanted a place to lay my head and have some sleep. Also, all my symptoms had gotten worse, I hardly had any voice to talk, my ears were in pain and I hadn't had much to eat that day.

So, we arrived in Cheyenne and were trying to find a Days Inn, Motel 6, whatever. I got out in the first exit that mentioned hotels, but then later it said it was 15 miles to reach the nearest hotel!!! I thought that was crazy, since hotels are usually right off the interstate. So I started driving like a madman, trying to find ANYTHING in Cheyenne downtown. BTW I don't know if it was the circumstances, but Cheyenne looked like an ugly small town, I can't believe it's the capital of Wyoming.

But anyway, we were driving around and I saw this motel, I thought it couldn't be worst than sleeping in the car. It was even difficult to park there because of all the snow, so I left the car on the trailer's parking lot.

Well, now getting to review the hotel itself, I asked the guy in the front desk to give us the cheapest room they had. He gave us a key (an actual key, not a card) and we went in. The room looked dirty and old to me. By then I already felt terrible with my sore throat and pain in my ears because of all the stress and the cold, so I took a hot shower to see if that would help. The bathroom was extremely small, just enough for you to stand in there under the shower.

One thing I am really going to complain about this place are the pillows. These were the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever seen or used. They were so uncomfortable that it was impossible to sleep, it was that bad. No matter what position I tried to move, it just wouldn't get better. I don't know if it was the size, shape or hardness, not sure what it was, but it was impossible to rest with those pillows.

Of course there wasn't any breakfast available in the morning. They had a drop off box if the person in the front desk wasn't there.

I wouldn't stay in this place ever again (not that I think I'm going back to Cheyenne anytime soon). I am sure there are better options for you to find if you arrive in a better time of the day and with better weather. In our case, we just wanted a place to sleep, and we couldn't even do that I must have slept one hour if much in that uncomfortable bed.
montecarlostar says:
True, not impressed at all! I don't think I would come back.
Posted on: Jan 13, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
I spent an afternoon in Cheyenne once, but it was in the summer. All I remember is getting my photo standing in front of the state capital and eating at a fast food place. Didn't leave much of an impression.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014