Guernsey Airport

Guernsey Airport, La Planque, Guernsey

Guernsey Airport La Planque Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice airport Jun 13, 2011
We landed in Guernsey Airport after the shortest flight I ever had. The weather was much better than in Jersey and we landed using the whole runway and we therefore taxied the whole runway back and parked in front of the main terminal. The plane was almost full and we all walked like ducklings from the plane to the terminal.

We were the only ones waiting for the luggage and they came quite fast and I was laughing in my mind over the short distance that it had to travel. The airport was in general nice looking and quite effective. When I came outside I tried to find a rental car but all cars were out on the road.

The airport is located 4.6-kilometer west-southwest of St. Peter Port. The airport was officially opened on 5 May 1939 and however, regular air services only commenced in October 1946.

Work started on a new terminal building in 2002, which became operational in end of 2004. The old terminal was demolished in May 2004 to make space for additional aircraft stands and a passenger walkway from the new terminal. The new terminal was designed to be able to handle about 1.25 million passengers per year. In 2010, 923,683 passengers used the airport, with 55,557 aircraft movements.
The main terminal

Compare Guernsey, Channel Islands Hotel Rates (0.2km away)

Guernsey Airport Map