Guadalupe Mts. Queen, N.M. Usa

Guadalupe Mts. Queen, N.M. Usa - desert flowers

Guadalupe Mts. Queen, N.M. Usa Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Guadalupe Mountains, Queen, N.M. USA Mar 15, 2015
I was working in Carlsbad and friday afternoon rolled around. I wanted camping isolation and knew where to find it in the Guadalupe Mts. I took the road up the mountains and didnt stop at Queen because they had few services. I took the dirt rim road and followed it to the end at my isolated camp. I had a small cold dinner then a cold rum drink for medicinal purposes.

The next morning I got up and arranged my truck for some driving. My truck # 2 was getting old with 285K miles and was breaking down every month. I was going to a dealorship in El Paso but I didnt want to backtrack. I drove back the rim road but turned left going down the big switchback down a 1000 foot cliff that followed the whole west side of the Guadalupe Mts. At the bottom the road turned into dirt and I left the Nat. Forest for the BLM with its unmarked trails. I was determoned to get close to El Paso by dirt trail. I went north for a while but turned to the south to get out of this large canyon. I passed some nice desert flowers and may have stoped for a pic. After a long slow drive I exited the canyon and continued to where I thought was a paved road near El Paso. I found the paved road and made it to El Paso.

At the dealorship I told them I would trade mine in for a new truck (#3) and my camper and supplies were not included. They gave me a deal that I couldnt refuse and I accepted then spent two hours outfitting my new truck as a camper.

The trip back to Carlsbad was uneventful.
ocotillo
walterman9999 says:
Hi Bill,
My current blue truck # 4 has 135K miles on it. The newer trucks are so expensive and are inferior to my current 2001 truck. Their gas milage sucks and all the new unwanted electronic extras run up the price.
Posted on: Mar 16, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
You got a lot of miles out of that truck.
Posted on: Mar 16, 2015