Guadalajara Zoo

Guadalajara, Mexico

Guadalajara Zoo Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
One of the biggest Zoos of Mexico Jul 09, 2011
Lion will roar, Tiger will growl, Puma will yowl, Camel will grunt.. Am I sounding like Zoology teacher in a school? No.. I just reached hotel from a Zoo listening all these wonderful sounds with action.

Located in Guadalajara, Mexico, this Zoo has almost all animals, reptiles and birds. Also this zoo complex have five interesting activities. Zoo walk, Train ride, Safari, Aquarium and Mechanical rides. Hence visiting this zoo will be a day's entertainment for all ages.

Tickets are available for all activities individually or a premium package covering all except mechanical rides. I bought the premium ticket for approximately 11USD. Parking is 4USD for the entire day.

Before entering the Zoo we see a fountain and a great mural. At the entrance we see many monkey sculptures in different positions. A place for a perfect picture.

Flamingos, Kangaro, Bears, Tigers, Lions, African Lions, Deers, Girrafes, Pumas, Jaguar.. We can see almost all in Zoo walk. At Mirador point of the zoo we can see amazing views of hills.

This complex has one of the colourful aquariums I have seen. To startwith we can touch and feel the fishes in a pond and then the visual treat starts in big aquarium tanks.

Train ride and Safari are very nice attractions. Though we have to be in queue for some time to get into these vehicles. I have waited at least 30 mins in each place.

In safari, we will be taken to an open place in a truck to see the animals. Feeding carrots to Girrafes is the major thing in this attraction. Also going through the water where Hippo is hiding is another.

While going through the zoo in the train ride, I have seen all I missed in the Zoo walk. This zoo is also having an auditorium for free reptiles and bird ahows.

I have enjoyed thorougly my visit to Guadalajara Zoo complex. I sincerely recommend this place for all visitors.
Fountain at the entrance
Mural at the entrance
Girrafe sculptures at the entrance
Monkey aculptures..
Nair2011 says:
Friends.. Thanks for the congrats and wishes. I am happy to see one of the best zoos I have visited is my first featured review. Gopi
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on the feature, Gopi!!
montecarlostar montecar…
Average zoo, it's ok Oct 03, 2010
Ok, I am not the biggest fan of zoos. I always get very tired and I don't like very much to see bored animals just lying on the ground. My brother wanted to visit the zoo, so I took him there.

The zoo is pretty big, and it has the usual animals, lions, zebras, rhinos and such. Maybe the coolest area of the zoo is the "Safari" section, in which you ride a safari car and you are taken on a little tour of the "open area" section of the zoo. The tour was a bit too fast, so you couldn't get good pictures.

The other interesting area is the aquarium, where you can see your regular fish. There is also a small amusement park called the Selva Mágica, which I think could be fun for kids.

As I said there's nothing particular or special about this zoo, it's just a regular zoo.

Related Travel Blogs About Guadalajara Zoo

Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico... Place where was born the Mariachi and Tequila!!!
Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico Situated in the heart of Mexico, Guadalajara is a modern, cosmopolitan city. Better known to locals as the “perla tapatía,” Guadalajara sits in the center of the…Zoo of Latin America, Guadalajara Zoo, located in the Huentitan precipice. The Guadalajara of today also represents modern…
The stadiums of Guadalajara
Guadalajara is a city with a lot of soccer tradition and therefore it has several stadiums. Last friday we had visited the Tecos stadium (UAG), but that one is rather small compared to the other two:…zoo of Guadalajara, but I will talk about it on my reviews. After that, we went visiting the new stadium…

Check Guadalajara Hotel Deals