Güterhof

052 630 40 40

Güterhof Schaffhausen Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Guterhof Schaffhausen Oct 06, 2015
If you happen to stay 1 night in Schaffhausen which I think is the max for most tourists, this is a place you can check out for an apero, drinks and so called the place with the biggest “club” in town.

Although, coming from Spore where I believe the nightlife is vibrant since we have international guest DJs therefore giving the local DJs a run for their money, I think the DJs here in Gueterhof practically suck. But I guess I cannot expect much from an Old town. I was told that people here usually go to Zurich for the real clubbing experience but those clubs start at almost midnight and with the limited night train service, those staying in Schaffhausen had better stayed in Schaffhausen. Whilst the crowd at Guterhof starts coming in at 10pm, even by midnight not many people are dancing despite the dancefloor space. Maybe it is because Swiss people (especially the men) cannot really dance. The DJs are rotated weekly and they have theme nights like Salsa, Schlager music etc. Unfortunately, the DJs do not always stick to the theme. There are the Salsa nights that I went only to be disappointed as the DJ decided to play Schalger music in between which I really cannot stand. For those who do not know, Schlager music is basically German Hurray kind of songs. There are a few other smaller sized establishment for partying though depending on the age group. Whether I like it or not, I do go here on Sat evenings maybe once every 2 months as this is the biggest hangout place in Schaffhausen.

Besides that, Gueterhof is also a restaurant, café and bar (thus opened during the day as well). They sell over-priced sushi, Movenpick ice-cream, they do not have dark beer and drinks here are practically overpriced since this place is also under the Movenpick Group. But they do good Hugo drinks (something like a sparkling mojito) and even have a non-alcoholic version of Mojito and Capirinhas. During hot summer days, the tables outside are crowded with people drinking beer or ice-tea or having ice-cream. A good place to sit and watch people pass by.

Location is perfect, just in front of the Ship Stop Point along the Rhein River.
View during the day