Gästehaus Sanssouci

Check Bad Wildungen Hotel Deals

Gästehaus Sanssouci Bad Wildungen Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
good for one night but that's about it! Jul 12, 2015
A few weeks back when looking for a great spot to spend the night on the fairy tale route, this spa town looked seemingly attracting to me and my mum, the only disadvantage … almost all the prices of the hotels where “flying" through the roof so to speak but with a little bit of searching, we've found a very very cheap guesthouse located a few kilometers away from the centre of town near a very large park … ideal not!!!

Well, at the time it looked ideal, but when we actually arrived at the scene, the only thing we saw was one hilly residential area after another and thanks to our trusty gps, we quickly found our way through this hilly maze we were driving thru.

Guesthouse Sanssouci isn’t as glamorous as it sounded coz upon arrival there was no-one to actually greet us … we were strangely enough waiting for a closed door.

Personally I find it a bit strange how they receive their guests, but here is how it works : you have to ring the door bell and after a minute or so the lady of the house answers through the speaker and tells you to wait for a few minutes, till she arrives from the house next door … nice enough, but when we arrived it was raining cats and dogs, so standing in front of a closed door wasn’t the most pleasant thing.

Mind you, the owner was really friendly and after opening the door for the three of us, she immediately handed us over the keys for my single room and a double for my parents.

I don’t know how the rest of the rooms looked like which she rented, but the double room of my parents had a nice size with a small seating area and a bathroom which came straight from the eighties and the reason I know this is because weirdly enough, they had the same tiles like my parents had a few years back before they renovated the place.

My room was very tiny and with all the dark wood it looked more than a bit outdated, the bathroom however was recently renovated and clean as well, but that was the only thing I could say about it … it was super tiny and you could literally use the washbasin while standing in the shower … funny was the only thing I could think of at that certain moment.

All in all, the rooms where good enough for one night, but I wouldn’t recommend someone to stay here for more than one night, even if the prices are ridiculously low. To be more precise, I payed 35 euro for my room including breakfast and although it wasn’t that excessive, there was something for everyone’s tastebuds, so nothing wrong to say here as well as the friendliness of the lady of the house but sadly enough it is a no no for me … I don’t think I will be coming back to this place!

Been there, done that … time to move on! :)
front of the hotel
double room
outdated bathroom
same goes for the shower
Ils1976 says: