Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij

Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij - Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij

Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij Ghent Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij Dec 27, 2013
Together with two local friends I visited the Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij on a Sunday afternoon at the end of December 2013.

The place is a sort of brewery pub, which brews its own beer after ancient local recipes. They use a mix of spices (gruut) instead of hop for the production of the 5 different beers, which come as white, blonde, amber, brown and inferno. A selection of hot and cold dishes is available as well.

When we entered the brewery pub at around 15:00 h it was almost empty, but quite quickly filled up with people. The bright interior consists of a mixture of wood and steel. Parts of the brewing facilities are integrated in the room. In summer an outdoor terrace on the cobbled street seems to be available.

I ordered three beer tastings for 6,50 Euro, which meant I could chose 3 different small beers from the 5 beers. I opted for the white, amber and blonde versions. They all tasted yummy and I think it was a good decision to taste the different flavours.

To eat I had a toast with cheese, salad and mustard for 8 Euro. The meal was nothing special, still I found the place well worth a visit if only for the beer tastings.

Interesting enough during the week the Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij closes at 18:00 h and only on Friday and Saturdays it is open until midnight.

The Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij can be found in the district Kunstenkwartier, which is located just south of Gent's historic city centre. The brewery pub faces the river Munikschelde.
Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij
Gruut Beer tastings
Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij: My to…
Inside Gruut Gentse Stadsbrouwerij