Grumpy’s

34 S. Huron, Toledo, OH, USA

Grumpy’s Toledo Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Eat here – diet home! Aug 25, 2011
I was entering Toledo and I had decided to head for the city center in order to find a place and eat a good lunch. I had skipped breakfast in the morning at the hotel, so I was getting quite hungry. It was my first time in Toledo so I was enjoying the city as well while I was looking for a place that I liked. I drove into a quarter that was full of lunch restaurants and I decided to check out Grumpy’s that was the last restaurant in the street.

The restaurant had a huge parking and it was full of cars but I could at the same time see that the first wave of lunch guests was leaving the restaurant and I could sneak in wave two. When I entered the restaurant and the noise was enormous from the full tables in the large restaurant. The place was really busy and people were queuing to pay at the cashier next to the entrance.

First thing that caught my eat was a cake tower displaying some wonderful cakes that they offered for desserts and I would have that in mind when I would get to that faze of my lunch. Some people were leaving from one of the tables just inside the door and after some minutes I was given that table. The waitress thereafter forgot me for some minutes but excused herself a lot for neglecting me. She asked what I wanted to drink and I asked if they were having beers but I was not that lucky so I settled with a coke.

After a short look at the menu I decided to go for the Classic Caesar Salad (9,50$) as a starter. The salad was really good and the portion was really nice too. As the main course I went for The Babalu (9$), which consisted of roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mayo & whole grain mustard on a grilled steak bun with a side of lime & garlic mayo. The main course was also really nice and I was so full after my two so called small dishes, that I dropped the idea of having a cake as a dessert.

After finishing my meal I got the tab and went into the queue in front of the cashier. It had been a good stop but I was really full when I left to restaurant.
The menu
Grumpy's from outside
My Classic Caesar Salad
My Babalo lunch
Chokk says:
I agree and I think you are right, Andy; Maybe it was 6,50 or 7$ in the version I took - I can't remember right now but I remember I took the junior one.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2011
Andy99 says:
That Casesar Salad sounds really expensive! Usually one would expect a $9.50 salad to take the form of a main course!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2011