Groton Townhouse

Groton Townhouse - cream of broccoli soup

Groton Townhouse Reviews

JRFYeung JRFYeung
One-Shot Deal Mar 04, 2008
We live locally, and were interested in trying either of the new 24-hour restaurants in Groton, this one or the Oh-Boy Diner. I believe we made the wrong choice.

We arrived around 9 PM on a Sunday night. My husband and I both ordered breakfast plates, and my son ordered the swordfish "special" for $15.95. The eggs were fine, the toast was fine, my husband's sausage was fine, but the red potato home fries were filled with grit, as if the potatoes were not washed before they were prepared.

Our real problem was with my son's swordfish. It was a huge portion, but the texture was mushy, indicating it wasn't fresh or stored properly. He took two bites and that was it. When we told the waitress about it, her response was "oh, you didn't like it?" As we paid, we told the hostess the same story, and she insisted they get their seafood every day. There was never an offer to "make it right." No one was interested in hearing about the gritty home fries either.

The restaurant was beautifully remodeled from a former Golden Corral, but we won't be back.
mellemel8 mellemel8
Feb 10, 2008
It was the first snow since november 2007. we wanted to go somewhere close to our hotel, it was 15 degrees and windy. also we had to wake up at 4am to catch a plane. we did not want to drive far.

this was the closest restaurant. the few good things about it are it's 24hrs, good service and large portions.

i ordered the chicken cacciatore. IT WAS SUB PAR. HOWEVER, IT WAS A HUGE PORTION. I COULD NOT FINISH IT. I ONLY ATE THE CHICKEN BREAST. THE GREEN PEPPERS OVERPOWERED THE DISH.

my bf ordered his fave veal parmigiana. HE LIKED IT VERY MUCH. I DID NOT LIKE IT. THE SAUCE WAS TOO TANGY. IT NEEDED MORE CHEESE. IT WAS ALSO 2 LARGE PIECES OF VEAL.

if you are in the neighborhood, drive pass this place. the quality of food is less than denny's. there are other 24hrs places to eat. SEE "OH BOY DINER" REVIEW.

it was our last day in CONNETICUT, too bad this is our last meal to remember :(
chicken cacciatore