Grimaldi's Pizzeria

1 Front Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA
www.grimaldis,com - (718)858-4300
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - Pizza anyone?
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - Outside Grimaldi's--waiting for incredible pizza which I think is the best in New York City
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - 15 degrees and there is still a line! My brother is looking in the window to check how long is the wait.
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - Looking up at the Brooklyn Bridge
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - Welcome to Grimaldi's--just under the Brooklyn Bridge
Grimaldi's Pizzeria - Welcome to Grimaldi's--just under the Brooklyn Bridge

Grimaldi's Pizzeria Brooklyn Reviews

FlyMeToTheMoon FlyMeToT…
Best Pizza Ever!! Apr 18, 2011
Seriously the best pizza in the world!!! With out any doubt. Queued for 1 hour!!!!

Very simple and traditional pizza joint that has been around for a while.. And u can see why!

It was recommended by a local so u know it must be good. Service is great but u come here for the pizza so don't fill urself up on bread!
travelfan1963 travelfa…
Best Pizza in New York City Apr 18, 2010
The best pizza in Manhattan is found in Brooklyn. If you are a fan of delicious, thin crust pizza, Grimaldi's is the place for you.

Located under the Brooklyn Bridge, Grimaldi's makes outstanding pizzas in their coal brick oven. A diverse, flavorful selection of ingredients is available including anything from pepperoni to sausage to red peppers to capers to fresh mozzarella.

I had the mushroom pizza with extra mozzarella and without a doubt, this is one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. I have been to Grimaldi's several times and every pizza I've had is excellent. These pizzas are consistently rated as some of the best in the United States.

Pizzas will run roughly $12 to $16, which is reasonable for New York. Be sure to have a large appetite as individual slices are not for sale.

Local beers from Brooklyn, along with house wines, are also on order. The restaurant itself is very casual with red checkered tablecloths and a relaxed atmosphere.

This restaurant is extremely popular and expect a wait. We arrived on a bitterly cold day in New York with temperatures hovering around 15 degrees F. Even with the extreme temperatures, there was still a line outside. Two tour buses had stopped at Grimaldi's including a pizza crawl bus who were sampling pizzas around New York City. The restaurant was packed.

I love Grimaldi's, which I would highly recommend to any pizza fans. There are a few downsides, however, as Grimaldi's does not take reservations, they do not deliver (locals come to pick up their pizzas) and they only accept cash.
Welcome to Grimaldi's--just under …
15 degrees and there is still a li…
Pizza anyone?
Timi_T says:
Grimaldi's closed their doors for good. Don't know why, they had plenty of business.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2012
Transitory says:
grr I haven't the patience to wait the lines, so I have yet to experience Grimaldi's
Posted on: Apr 18, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
Nice plug for, I mean review of Grimaldis Donna :)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2010
sugarose sugarose
Nothing says NYC pizza like Grimaldi's!! Nov 12, 2010
I simply love this place. The wait is super long sometimes you could be standing for a whole hour outside when its cold but the pizza is so worth it. They been around forever and it shows. It is best to go in a group and get the full grimaldi's experience as they also sell by the pie. The prices are reasonable about 16 for a pie. This place is a nyc gem.
Timi_T Timi_T
Feb 10, 2008
This is the best pizza you will ever have. I have been to a bunch of places in Italy and I think this pizza is still better. It's the best in New York. Well, that automatically makes it the best in the country.

When you go, get a large pie with 3 topping... pepperoni, roasted red peppers, and ricotta. That is my absolute favorite. They have other toppings also if you like to get weird, they have pineapple and other stuff. They also have great cannolis and a good beer selection.

Get there early because on the weekends or holidays you can wait on line outside on the sidewalk for hours!!! It's well worth the wait.

So if you are ever in downtown Brooklyn of in Manhattan near the Brooklyn Bridge, just walk on over, it's right under the bridge! Buon Appetito!
simplicity9999 simplici…
Oct 06, 2007
My friend raved about pizza from Grimaldi's Pizzeria, a restaurant under the Brooklyn Bridge. We went there on Saturday afternoon. My advice is that avoid going there during the weekends if possible. A line was very long when we went there. If you must go there during the weekend, call ahead and place an order for take-out to avoid the line and it is much nicer to just walk down a little and sit by the nearby park's bench and enjoy your pizza.

I am not a big fan of pizza but I loved Grimaldi's thin crust pizza a lot because their pizza sauce wasn't too heavy and no visible oil dripping down where you normally encounter with pizzas from other restaurants. My friend and I, we ordered with mushroom toppings and it was delicious. We had to endure a very long line but it was worth the wait.

Grimaldi's Pizzeria does not sell pizza by the slice so expect to order pizza by the pie.

If you are happen to be around the neighborhood, go and check it out.
martinikitty13 says:
always wanted to try it - maybe next year! :)
Posted on: Oct 23, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Grimaldi's Pizzeria

A small city mouse explores the Big Apple...
I am definitely not a morning person.  I was very slow at getting out from under the cover.  It was such a beautiful Saturday morning.  It was hard to believe that it was in mid 80's.&…Grimaldi's Pizzeria, in Brooklyn .  So we rode subway then walked crossed the Brooklyn Bridge ...more walking...this…

Check Brooklyn Hotel Deals