Grilla Bar & Restaurant

Kalayaan Ave, Makati City, Philippines

Grilla Bar & Restaurant Makati City Reviews

DAO DAO
If You Could Eat Hype Feb 12, 2017
I decided to try Grilla Bar & Restaurant because it looked so nice outside. They have taken an absolute rain forest worth of plants and surrounded their restaurant. When I was finally shown our table outside, we were completely cut off from the hustle and bustle of Makati. The rest of the story is not a happy one. I mentioned ‘finally’ show a table. For some reason the staff here seemed to have no concept of greeting people. I ended up going back inside to get a beer and order as they didn’t understand the concept of table service either.

So sitting outside in my peaceful, but neglected table, I looked through their menu. The menu starts by telling you that they have served great food and cool drinks since 1998. They really hype themselves up on their menu. Dishes have names like ‘Rumble in the Jungle’, ‘Ape-Teaser Sampler’, ‘Grilla Grubs’ and similar. They definitely have an American and TexMex slant on food. The menu looked great. Australian Steak leapt out at me. Nachos had me salivating. The sampler platters looked awesome. On the menu it looked awesome. Sadly we ordered a starter.

Luckily we only ordered Nachos to see how the food was because I was already suspicious of the service being absolutely useless. I found out quickly the kitchen staff were also useless. The Nachos arrived and were virtually dropped onto the table. They didn’t look right. The nachos looked like they were out of a bag and were cold. A little bit of beef with some chopped tomatoes and onions were thrown on one side. I could see some soured cream that had been splashed, but no guacamole or salsa. The cheese was served separately and looked like some sort of powered sauce you pour hot water on. The ‘beef’ tasted like something from a can. Just crap really. We finished our beers, but not the nachos. I had to go inside to pay as the chance of anyone working here coming back to the table was a low probability.

We promptly walked over to the Handle Bar and Grill and had an excellent meal.

You can’t eat hype or a menu. I couldn’t eat what they served me either.

Check Makati City Hotel Deals