Grigore Antipa Museum of Natural History

www.antipa.ro - 0040 021 3128826

Grigore Antipa Museum of Natural History Bucharest Reviews

vickie-lou vickie-l…
A Different Kind of Zoo May 09, 2013
This attraction came highly recommended by the guy I sat next to on the plane so it was the first place I visited in Bucharest. We had a choice of looking at either the main exhibit, the human body exhibit or both. We decided to just pay the 25 lei for the main exhibit as neither me or my friend are overly enthused about the human body!

The main exhibit consists of display case after display case of taxidermied animals with information available in both English and Romanian on interactive screens in front of each display. It was fascinating to see the different types of animals and you could learn a lot about those that interest you from the interactive screens. My first comment when we left was that it was like a taxidermy zoo!

It's definitely worth a visit if you're into animals and natural history and at 25 lei you can't really complain! I do believe they offered me an audio guide at the reception as well but I declined. The only major downside is that pictures aren't allowed to be taken unless you purchase a special camera allowance but I managed to sneak one in at the end!

Check Bucharest Hotel Deals