Griddle Cafe

Griddle Cafe - inside the restaurant

Griddle Cafe Los Angeles Reviews

silirat silirat
Star studded breakfast May 04, 2013
Although the restaurant has a small intimate design, it still feels a like a vibrant cafeteria. I've never been there when it wasn't packed, although I have managed to miss standing in line on all 3 visits which may be a global record.

The menu is all breakfast related, with the focus on the house pancakes, which come in many different styles. 6 menu pages worth of styles, to be precise. The red velvet pancake is a particularly popular one, being chocolate with a fascinating burgundy red colour. Well worth a taste. Word of note: All though they offer the ability to 'super-size' your pancake plate with more pancakes, they are huge to begin with and you may not be able to finish one. Other positive points are the fresh coffee, brought to the table in a bodom, and the fact that they have real maple syrup on the table.

As a final attraction, there is the potential for star gazing. On one visit, we met one of the people from Glee (some guy, I don't watch the show so I have no clue) and another time I sat next to Tim 'The Toolman' Allen.
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Opulent, Amazing Pancakes!!! Nov 24, 2011
The pancakes I ate at the Griddle Cafe in Los Angeles have to be one of the top 5 meals I've ever eaten. The restaurant has a menu several pages long of opulent pancakes and other breakfast items. I had checked the website ahead of time and thought I would get the mounds pancakes (chocolate and coconut), but when I read the 'Scotch on the Rocks' pancakes with butterscotch chips, coconut, and oats on the menu and then read you can customize them so I could leave out the pecans, I was all for this! These pancakes were downright amazing. A stack of 3 ginormous pancakes that were to the edge of the plate. I had a hard time knowing when to quit. The portions are so big that they can easily be shared. I don't care for Red Velvet, but the Griddle Cafe's specialty is red velvet pancakes. The meals are reasonably priced, as well.

The Griddle Cafe is located on Sunset Boulevard, but since I was visiting my cousin, and she drove, I have no idea as to where or directions or anything. It is a small restuarant, and constantly bustling. There was a little bit of a wait, ten minutes or so, but even if the wait was an hour and ten minutes, it is SOOO worth it!
the Scotch on the Rocks pancakes
inside the restaurant
robworldtravel25 robworld…
Best Pancakes I have ever eaten Aug 04, 2011
The griddle Cafe looks like a small place next to the directors guild on West Sunset Blvd. I had the Blueberry Pancakes and never had ones like them before. The pancakes were huge and worth the price 10 dollars for 3. The pancakes were as big as the plate. They were packed with blueberries and were fresh. The coffee was french brewed and incredible. They are also known for their stuffed french toast. If you are in LA this place is a must. Go early the lines get long. I go on weekdays and when they first open to beat the lines.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals