Greenwood Cafe

03-7877 8577

Greenwood Cafe Petaling Jaya Reviews

Jopin Jopin
You don't get what you pay for Jun 17, 2008
Greenwood Cafe is located in the busy business and residential district of SS2. It is situated in the block of shop cum business premises across from the old Ceasar's Club in SS2.

My sisters and cousin decided to check the place out for dinner one night when we were out scouting restaurants that we could take our parents to for a joint Father and Mother's Day celebrations.

My rule is to never dine at a restaurant that only has one occupied table, and the cafe had exactly one table occupied by a family of six.

But at the insistence of my sisters, I allowed myself to be dragged along. Looking at the menu, the cafe did serve up a variety of choices. And for the prices they were charging, it seemed almost a steal. Too good to be true, I said. Still, I decided to play it safe and go for the Thai Fried Rice, served with mini pandan (screwpine leaves) chicken and fish crackers, while my cousin ordered the Tom Yam noodle soup and one of my sisters had the beef pie.

After a twenty minute wait, my Thai Fried Rice arrived. It wasn't at all spicy as it should have been, and hardly had any flavor to it. When I unwrapped the mini pandan chicken, what I saw hardly resembled a chicken! Biting into it, I realised then that the chicken was really minced chicken mixed with flour and wrapped in the leaves, after which it was fried. That is not what pandan chicken is, for sure. While I struggled to finish my meal, my cousin was shocked at what the cafe called its Tom Yam Noodle Soup. It tasted more like a thick sweet and sour soup and was hardly spicy. It doesn't stop there...

The Beef Pie arrived with three pieces of pie crust covering a bowl of what appeared to be the contents of the pie. I guess it was the cafe's attempt at creative presentation. While the pie crust was so-so, the contents resembled a stew with hardly 5 tiny pieces of beef, a few pieces of carrots and potatoes in it! It's what you'll get for MYR16.

Finally, the Beef Noodle Soup that my other sister ordered was not clear, but instead tasted like the beef stew aka beef pie.

Needless to say, that was the first and would certainly be the last visit for all of us, especially me.

Remember, NEVER enter a restaurant if you can take your pick from the available number of tables not occupied!

Check Petaling Jaya Hotel Deals