Greenpoint Campground

Check Tofino Hotel Deals

Greenpoint Campground Tofino Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Beachfront Awesomeness. Sep 09, 2011
We arrived here August 25th early evening. We had originally booked 8 days using two reservations. Upon check-in the lady at the window congratulated us on booking on opening day since it meant we would have an ocean view site. Excellent we thought. She mentioned it would be for 7 days and we corrected her and said we were there for 8. Apparently there is a maximum stay of 7 days that we somehow missed, we thought the reservation system was just wanting more money for the reservation fee on stays over 7 days. In either case the lady at the front office really exaggerated the additional day as if we were knowingly and maliciously breaking a law. Her exact words were "people who try to get away with extra days like you won't be able to stay in the ocean front sites, you'll have to move to another site for the last day".

After leaving the office we decided there was no way in hell we were going to tear down our site to set it up again across the street. Anyone who camps knows that setting up and taking down is the worst part of camping. Our solution was to cancel the last night of camping and move our reservation in Vancouver a day earlier.

The campground itself was amazing. Green, moss covered tree's. Completely private sites with plenty of space and brush between them. The best part was booking early the ocean view was even better then expected. Our view was mostly open to the miles of beach. We were only a few feet away from the trail down to the beach, and unfortunately right in the middle of the bathrooms so that was a bit of a hike. The heightened privacy of the sites and backing onto a hill made that less of a problem at night :)

Overall the campsite was the nicest I have ever been to, but there was two problems I found with it. The campsite is HUGE and there is only a single 1-way road. So if you are on the ocean front it is almost a 10 minute drive inside the ground to get to your site. More problematic was the lack of showers. There are other campgrounds around with showers, although not pleasant ones. I've never seen such a great site missing such a basic amenity. We were told by the front desk to go to Wya campground. The showers there were less then desirable but after spending the day sweating on the beach and night around a fire, a shower of any type was welcome. Not to mention the food truck beside the Wya showers has the best poutine ever.

On a side note, when cancelling our final night after changing our Vancouver reservations we had a different lady who told us we could have stayed in that ocean view site.

Related Travel Blogs About Greenpoint Campground

Sea Kayaking in Tofino
Having texted a random contact in Tofino, I asked them what was worth seeing while I was in tofino and the reply came back: Scuba, kayak, surf, do anything just make sure you get out on the water! So…greenpoint campground into Tofino to book myself onto a sea kayaking trip. I managed to get a space on a 4 hour…
Western Canada Road Trip
It was a bright and hot Wednesday afternoon. My wife Alana and I have been planning this day for almost two months and looking forward to it for much longer. I arrived home at 7am after working my la…Greenpoint Campground in the Pacific Rim National park - between Tofino and Ucluelet. While checking in we found out that Alana…

Check Tofino Hotel Deals