Greenhouse Backpackers

Greenhouse Backpackers Rates and Deals

Greenhouse Backpackers Melbourne Reviews

berta802 berta802
The hostel in the heart of the city! May 17, 2011
I stayed at the Greenhouse last November and I can say what an experience! The Greenhouse is like no other hostel you'll ever stay in! I started my journey here in Australia precisely there and I wouldn't have it any other way.

To start off with, The Greenhouse is located on Flinders Lane, so right in the centre of Melbourne. A few blocks away you can find Degraves where the coffee culture of Melbourne becomes visible early in the mornings! A few blocks down there's also a public library, which is ideal if you're travelling and love reading. Also ideal cos you can become a member and use the internet for 1 hour a day totally free - (pls note there is free wi-fi at the hostel but if like me you're without a laptop, the library is a handy option). It's a few metres away from Swanston and you can always hop by to Fed square and check out what's going on!

But what makes it really ideal is it's friendly staff and cleanliness! I lived at the Greenhouse for 2 whole months and it totally felt like home. Rooms are cleaned regularly and so is the common area and the bathrooms of course. Kitchen is also super clean and if you're short on cash to pay for your accomodation, check at the reception sometimes they might have odd jobs which you can do and have free nights too!

When you check the prices, you'll realise that it's a bit more pricey than the other hostels, but in reality there are lots of freebies included which at the end amount to the same amount! At the time they used ot have free pasta nits every Tuesday and breakfast is free every single morning! Not to mention an English breakfast on Thursday and pancakes on Sunday! Pub nit was also very popular when i was staying there and every monday morning they have a walking tour around Melbourne totally free!

Last but not least you have to check out the roof top!! I will never forget the many evenings spent on the rooftop, sharing dinner with whoever's cooking what and sharing the booze of course!

Keep in mind that it is a hostel,so do lock your belongings safely! I never had any problems whatsoever in any of the rooms I had and the staff where always very happy to advise on roadtrips and share their own adventures.

Considering at booking a room? Go for it... just ask for one with a window;)
Maryn28 Maryn28
A good backpacker in heart of Melbourne Mar 08, 2011
I've stayed in a hostel for 1 month. Was really nice there - the program, people, entertainment... I traveled by myself but I easily found got in contact with people there. A big plus is free wireless Internet, which is very seldom in Oz. The connection is not good, but better than nothing:-)
northlight northlig…
location, location, location Dec 25, 2010
I don't think you'll find a much better choice of budget accommodation in melbourne. This place has pretty much everything you will need. On level six you have the reception, and also on this level you'll find a television room, a games room, tour bookings desk, kitchen, laundry, and a large common area. In the kitchen each morning a free breakfast of cereals or toast is available. Wi-fi internet access is available for free on this level also. Access to your room and floor is with a keycard, which you pay ten dollars deposit for when you check in. The bathrooms are cleaned around lunchtime every day, and the facilities are decent enough for a hostel. What really is great about this hostel is the location though, just one block from the iconic flinders street station, right in the heart of melbourne. I definitely recommend this place if visiting melbourne.
newsoleil newsoleil
The only Backpacker Hostel in Melbourne with FREE WIFI ! Apr 02, 2010
I just stay there for one night, because I went the next day to my relative to stay in Melbourne. But it was a very good hotel with very clean room. I stay in a accomondation for 30 AUS $ / night, so the price is average for Melbourne. The best thing is that the hostel has free wireless access. I would recommend the hostel

Check Greenhouse Backpackers Rates and Deals