Greenbelt Park (US National Park Service)

Greenbelt, Maryland

Check Greenbelt Hotel Deals

Greenbelt Park (US National Park Service) Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Camping in Greenbelt, MD Sep 17, 2010
I live in the city and was looking to get away for the weekend, so I ended up at Greenbelt Park. I think you can take public transportation there, but it is a good idea if you have a car/bike. It was $17/night and you get to pick your own site; some were nestled away and others were more in the open. You should know how to pop up a tent, otherwise, get there a hour or two before sunset.

You have a grill and it's a short walk to the bathroom. There are grassy areas at each site but you can tell where people have pitched their tents as the areas are bare and dirty. Nature and deer are all around. We found signs of a deer at our site when we woke up in the morning and saw one on our walk to the rest room. Bring a cooler and food and keep it locked in the car overnight. There is no canteen available and the office itself is only open during the week (I went on the weekend).

I went because I enjoy camping and took someone who wanted to get intorduced to camping. It's a nifty place to go to to get away for a few days without being so far away from DC (it was barely a 15 minute drive). I think this site was full even in the winter for Obama's inaguration cause hotel rooms were not available; people camped here and just jumped over into DC. If you are visiting DC and want affordable accomodations and have all the supplies, this is a good place to stay and still be close to DC.

Check Greenbelt Hotel Deals